C-1 Exotic Star review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Exotic Star

Purchased from: Wise Music

Using my small Vox Valvetronix amp I am able to reach a solid and pure tone. It allows me to play more heavy metal songs quite well. It can hold up to numerous tuning changes, such as playing in drop D for Trivium, then dropping to drop B for Bleeding Through, while still maintaining marvelous tone. This guitar has a wide variety of sound capabilities and I am impressed how well it holds artificial harmonics.

I love playing music ranging from Atreyu to Trivium to Slipknot to Norma Jean with this instrument. It's very versatile and can adjust to many styles of music. I've been playing for five years and I own three other guitars including an Ibanez RGT42DX and the Schecter out plays all of my other instruments. If something happened to it I would buy a new one immediately. I'm basically in love with this instrument. I love the range of sound and versatility it has and how well I am able to perform on this instrument.

The guitar plays very well Live, except for a tendency to have the Standard G string change tuning with older strings. As long as good care is taken of it there should be no problems. The hardware and strap buttons seem very solid, and have not gone out yet. Incredible finish that will last. Very solid and dependable guitar.

The guitar was playable right out of the box. The action holds together perfectly. The pickups were ready to scream as well. There were no serious flaws in the guitar except for a loose screw that held the volume knob in place, but after I removed the screw the knob still held itself in place and it will not fall off.

The '07 Schecter Exotic Star plays as beautifully as it looks. The NorCal style inlay on the twelfth fret is an added attraction. The killer design of the mahogany and quilted maple body provides a stunning look and adds to the presence of the guitar. Excellent tone and tonal quality. The 24 jumbo fret board is set on a 3 piece mahogany and ebony neck and the shape of the guitar allows complete high note access. The Snow Leopard body design adds to the visual assets of the model as well.

b.c. warlock
    ST Custom wrote: lol welcome to Planet Schecter. We're getting lonely high up here, but glad you could join us. These guitars especially the more expensive models (ehhem think $600 Tempest customs) are things of absolute beauty. lol umm i just think these guitars are deff. worth the price compare a LP studio to my Tempest and you'll be surprised at how the Schecter SURPASSES the LP. No Lie! try it and you'll seeee....
    totally agree, i have a hellraiser tempest and it sounds like a $2000 guitar
    bloodred16
    I've owned a C-1 Exotic Star for over a year now (In Blue) and it plays like an absolute gem!! I've rarely played a better guitar. I'd love to get it in the Snow Leopard finish and I'd love to buy a million more Schecter's if I could afford it. I only have good things to say about Schecter after buying this guitar!
    JoshXcorE
    i just got this guitar yesterday for $399.99 used at GC. i was planning on buying a gift card to use to order a schecter omen extreme online but thought i'd take a look at the used section. sure enough this one hung in all it's snow leopardy glory with that beautiful $399.99 price tag. as soon as it got in my hands i knew it had to be mine and so it is. never have i been happier with a guitar purchase
    ST Custom
    nomadicphantom
    yea i have the C-1 blackjack...i was the most expensive guitar ive bought (try 950$ ON SALE) and comeletly dont regret it...this guitar is absolutely amazing... from the seymour duncan pickups to the cream trim....schecter is now my fav brand for guitars
    Neverhead666
    I have the c-1 hellraiser, cost me about $600, and it sounds better than any $2000-2500 guitar I've played. Schecters are simply the best
    Davers440
    I also have the Exotic Star. My RG 550 was stolen and I need a replacement, I tried many guitars, Ibanez, ESP/LTD, Gibson, Jackson, and the Schecters stood out in the crowd. I liked it so much I also picked up a C-1 Elite. I would put these up against any other at any price range. Try one and you will hooked.
    sykguitaryst
    im thinkin about gettin this next, i have a omen6 but when i was in guitar center tryin the omen out it blew alot of higher priced models out. schecters makes the best guitars(especially for metal), im gonna stick with them for a while.
    ppogie16
    I bought the exotic blue star for £250 and I have to say it blows my les paul out the water!!!!...Best £250 I've ever spent. The beautiful looks, tremendous action, variety of tones make this a simply wonderful instrument. I am a schecter fan, big time, now. Sod your fenders, gibbos that cost twice, three times, four times the price. They are great guitars but this gem surpasses all of them. By the way my playing has improved greatly since I've had it. I was lucky and got mine very cheap, but I would definitely get another, without hesitation, at much more.....it's a two grand guitar at a fraction of the price. Thinking of selling my les paul, strat to get a top of the range schecter....though my exotic feels like top of the range already!!!! 10 out of 10!!
    Lucifer1805
    RobertiusB wrote: Thats one of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen.
    how can you say that,its gorgeous
    Fritze01
    I also have the Exotic Red Star, I sat down with my guitar guru and we played with alot of dif models at the local shop. I really liked the look of the Red Star, my guru was leaning towards an Epi Les Paul. But the more he played the Red Star the more he liked it, I ended up taking it home an love it like no other. Now I am looking at the Solo 6 Classic too.
    btbamaddict
    ive had this guitar for 2 years, its still amazing. it plays beautifuly. the pickups are amazing. i was definitly a schecter guy when i got this
    pinballer
    Played this guitar about 5 times now in a local shop-used but as new. $550 should I shouldn't I? hmmmm
    JS5150
    I have a C-1 exotic, pretty similar to this. It's pretty cool, but my style has changed and I can't afford a Tele. Anyone looking for one?
    slayer_rule_\m/
    Well I bought this guitar 2nd hand for 350 a couple years ago and it's still my main guitar for my band. Versatile, plays well, sounds great, and besides the star inlay (it aint that bad just not for me) it's real good looking.