C-1 FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 FR

Purchased from: Somewhere in virginia beach

I play through both a Line 6 Spider II 112 (practice) and a Peavey 6506+ (gigs). It suits my style (almost all types of metal) perfectly, even withouth the modded pickups. This guitar can go from rumbling lows to squealing highs and has no noise problems that I've been able to detect (a blessing in my opinion).

This guitar fits me perfectly and it is amazing. I have been playing 10 years and have 3 guitars although I only use my 2 C1's on stage. I have a black and a white C1 FR and I have a Jackson Flying V. If this guitar were stolen I would find who did it. Destroy them,, yes not hurt, not kill, destroy. Then buy a new one bc it would be tainted. I compared it beforehand with a Gibson SG 62 reissue but chose this due to money and the sheer quality for the price. Sadly this particular version was discontiued although it has been ressurected as the Hellraiser FR, that one has better factory pickups (EMG 81 88 actives damnit). It is an amazing instrument.

I use it without a backup on live playing, I have a white one setup exactly the same but that is only bc it is in Drop C tuning due to the floyd rose bridge. The strap buttons are wonderful and though they don't lock they are very durable and hold on well. The finish is very durable and hasnt worn away. It has no pickguard but I havent experienced any negatives from this.

The action was almost perfect straight from the factory but I found it could be lowered even more without producing a buzz so it feels absolutely amazing. The pickups were adjusted perfectly and were set low which I prefer. The only flaw I can find with the hardware is using the coil tap while the pickups you are using are selected creates a horrible noise throughout the guitar but I don't really Switch out of double coil ever and if I need to I can just Switch off the pickups.

This is a USA made guitar, but I have no idea what year, the model has been around a while. It has 24 jumbo frets with an ultra access set-neck on a mahogany body. It has a Stratocaster shape but more of a Jackson feel as it is heavier than a Fender. It has an original floyd rose locking tremelo. The factory pickups are duncan designed HB-103's which are good pickups but I replaced them with Seymour Duncan SH-8 invaders. It has 2 volume one tone a 3-way selector and a coil tap on the tone Switch. It has non locking grover tuners but thats not a problem due to the floyd rose. Mine also came with a Gator hardshell case.

A7XRemenissions
    hey anyone ever play the newer version of this, no no the hellraiser, but the new c1 has active pickups, they any good?
    MasterChadwick
    yeah the new c1 looks badass...does anyone know if u can tune from drop d to drop c since it has a locking tremelo