C-1 FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 FR

Purchased from: Mom's Music

The guitar suits my style of music well, I play mostly hard rock and metal. I've been using it with a DigiTech Metal Master with a Fender 212R amp. The active electronics keep the guitar pretty quiet, never a problem with my noise suppressor anyways. The guitar can play pretty much anything really, heavy to clean, it's can do it. it's extremely easy to do pinch harmonics if that means anything to you.

I play mostly hard rock and metal, so this guitar does the job well. I've been playing for 2 years. Other than this guitar I have an Ibanez Artcore AS73 hollowbody, a Fender 212R amp, a Crate Flexwave is on it's way to my house right now, and too many effects to list. If this were stolen I would buy the model without the Floyd Rose. I love the sound of the guitar and how well it stays in tune, however I hate changing strings and drop tuning the Floyd Rose. I played several Jacksons and ESPs before I decided on this, the neck just feels better to my hand. The only thing I wish it had was solid black hardware.

I haven't played it Live yet, but it's stood up to 2 and a half hours a day for 8 months. The hardware it where I found a problem, the black chrome on this model isn't very durable and oxidized within the first 2 months. The strap buttons held well, but I'm the kind of guy Who throws his guitar around alot, so I put in a set of Schaller straplocks. This guitar seems dependable to me, and I would use it without a backup. The finish is barely scratched, very thick gloss.

To be honest I don't know how the guitar was set-up at the factory. The tech at Mom's Music check everything out and set it up again, I don't know Who did what but it seems good to me. The tech told me that the bridge pup was a little too close so he lowered it for me. The has a few flaws in the white binding, they can only be seen from certain angles so I didn't worry about it.

I have a 2006 model Schecter C-1FR. This model is part of Schecter's Diamond Series which are crafted in Korea. It has a 24 fret neck with extra jumbo frets. The model I purchased is gloss black (the guitar is also available in white). This model has a Floyd Rose Licensed tremelo. The electronics are active and offer 2 volume, 1 tone controls, and a 3-way pickup selector. The C-1FR is equipped with Duncan Designed HB-105 humbuckers in both neck and bridge positions. It has non-locking tuners made by Schecter. The guitar came with a cable that cut out after a weeks use, that's why I stick with monster cable.

cashewchaching
    berysLTD_h-50
    this guitar looks so sick! im deciding right now between the damien fr, and this c1 fr but the one with the active duncans...
    learningplayer
    veepirate wrote: schecters make me touch myself at night till i cum.... just thought you should know
    Yeah... I wish I didn't know that... The guitar looks great, not like a Strat though.
    learningplayer
    Yeah... I wish I didn't know that... The guitar looks nice, but not like a Strat.
    job153
    |\puto_rodas/| wrote: mp3stalin wrote: omarrodrigez wrote: The thing is though schecters are much higher quality than fender. bah. fanboy fender's are pretty dang good quality. ive never seen a broken fender... or ibanez for that matter... schecters tho... different story. try breaking a Fender guitar, then youll see a broken Fender...
    lol i was thinking about doing that and then ill make a shrine to the Omen-6 ill be getting
    |\puto_rodas/|
    try breaking a Fender guitar, then youll see a broken Fender...
    InsomniaRocks
    yeah my c-1 fr has a licensed tremelo, the discription at the very top of the page is a couple models outdated
    barcelona_rov
    i thought the C-1 FR had a Licensed Floyd Rose. i thought the hellraiser FR is the only schecter with an original
    Vinson
    A7XRemenissions wrote: hey anyone ever play the newer version of this, no no the hellraiser, but the new c1 has active pickups, they any good?
    I have the one with the actives, and they sound great!!! Looking at the spec sheet, they are identical to the Duncan Blackouts. Incredibly quiet, with lots of gain on tap...strong bass and highs, with a strong midrange punch! EASY to get a VERY clean sound out of, and can drive your amp enough for SERIOUS distortion...More stuff like metallica etc, I only put the volumes on about 1/2 way
    -<HELLRAISER>-
    fender couldnt touch schecter, my m8 had a fender strat, brand new, nd da wirin wos da worst ive seen, i had 2 rewire it 4 him, a dunno if this wos a one off or not, but still, and my schecter has never given any problems. i dont like fenders, they use bolt on necks and the majority of their guitars all look the same, they have a few good shapes, but they never change them, they just use different pickups in them, isnt it rumored that the inventor of fender didnt play guitar?
    veepirate
    BradKohl
    schecters are really good sounding guitars, but I've had problems with them in the past. ie. problems with the pickups after they've seen some wear and tear. So unless you have the money to fix these problems that will come up, i'd go for a telecaster or something of that kind of quality.
    mp3stalin
    rg7aaron
    omarrodrigez wrote: cashewchaching wrote: Phhh. Just another Metal-ized Stratocaster copy. It will be just like every other Schecter and Ibanez The thing is though schecters are much higher quality than fender.
    I can agree with that one!
    omarrodrigez
    The thing is though schecters are much higher quality than fender.
    Cied Shredder
    Hah, what an incredibly oblivious comment...
    Renfordoggz
    wtf? this is nothing like the stratocaster..u feeling all right?
    Saint Lunchbox
    I just bought this guitar a couple weeks ago, and I love it. Before this i had an off-brand les paul but it still sounds pretty nice, but this guitar is way more towards my style. The duncan pickups are amazing, but i cant quite figure out how to tune the damn thing because of the floyd rose. once i get my low E string tuned i think ill be ready to start playing this bad boy live oh, and **** fender.