C-1 FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 FR

Purchased from: samedaymusic.com

I play a wider verity of music, mostly consisting of Metallica, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Eric Clapton. And I can get all of these tones wonderfully, also with thanks to my amp (B-52 at112). Most of the time I will just run this through my Wah pedal (Ibanez Weeping Demon) then straight to my amp. I get no background noise, and they can stay relatively quite. When playing with the tone knob, you can definatly get Vintage tones from this modern guitar. Aswell as playing with the volume at about half and tone about half can get a nice Clapton lead tone. But I would also notice sometimes that playing on the neck pick-up that the tone would harmonic quickly (hard to explain, but would just kind of feed-back in itself). Then when I changed from the Ernie Ball's to D'addario's that this has stopped.

It's very hard for me a guitar that would get a great review. But for the price that I payed this guitar is just pure greatness (I know this is said a lot but it's hard to disagree). And I would have to say that this is defiantly worthy of a higher price. Also, if your debating whether you should save up a few hundred more dollars to go with the Hell Raiser, I would say go for it (not trying to deter you, but that's also another excellent guitar in my book). I have been playing for about 3 1/2 years, but have been to enough guitar stores to know a good guitar (in part to living behind a Guitar Center, and living close to NYC to stop by Ruddy's and Manny's). Overall this guitar is great, but I wouldn't recommended paying the price of $500 for it, because then I would just save up the the Hell Raiser version. But if your on a slight budget, you should not pass up this guitar.

This guitar will defiantly with stand gigs. As for the hardware, only time can really tell that, but as of right now, everything seems to be holding up extremely well. But you never know about licensed Floyd's, but Schecter seems to make some pretty great ones. The finish is good to last for a long time, nothing is wearing off except for what has been stated already (slight marks on trem). One thing I would recommended would be to get a new locking-nut just to help with some tuning stability. Because I have been noticing every once-in-a-while the low E will start to de-tune slightly.

The guitar was set-up great right out the box, trem was level, the only thing I didn't competly enjoy was the action was just a tad low, but that has now changed after getting used to it. Everything was pretty perfect when I got it. Besides a few little tiny dinks from it being B-Stock nothing was wrong. But after a while of playing, the screws around the pups are starting to tarnish aswell as a few parts of the Trem. I have now started to wipe down my guitar more constantly so that to keep it in good shape.

This guitar was made in 2007, in Indonesia. Got it B-Stock and only had a few little scratches. Has a Rosewood Fretboard with 24 frets on a bolt-on maple neck. Comes with a licensed Floyd which I haven't had a problem with yet. It is showing some tarnish, but that's fine for me. Also comes with Ducan Designed active pick-ups, with a cavity routed for the battery. There okay, but as with most active pup's, can be a little sterile. The bridge pup gives a nice tone off, and the neck giving a wonderfully-thick tone when playing clean. If you want good cleans, you will be mostly wanting to use the neck for this. There are also 2 volume controls, each for their repective pick up and a master tone knob. Also has Schecter tuners, doesn't really matter to me because you don't use them much with a Double-Locking trem guitar. And comes with a 6 ft cable aswell as 2 wrenches, one for the truss rod and the other for the parts of the Tremolo, and Tremolo bar aswell. Also comes stock with Ernie Ball Regular Slinky's.

patfan242002
    Saint Lunchbox wrote: I just bought this guitar a couple weeks ago, and I love it. Before this i had an off-brand les paul but it still sounds pretty nice, but this guitar is way more towards my style. The duncan pickups are amazing, but i cant quite figure out how to tune the damn thing because of the floyd rose. once i get my low E string tuned i think ill be ready to start playing this bad boy live oh, and **** fender.
    yes **** fender! haha! but what can you say... i think there are only 2 types of guitarists in this world: 1) Fender lovers 2)Not. there is no middle ground for alot of people
    minchew
    Schecters own fenders. Fenders are way too overpriced and the quality is low.