C-1 FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 FR

Purchased from: eBay

I play metal, from Thrash to Deathcore, bands like Job for a Cowboy, Metallica, Trivium, Children Of Bodom, etc. and this guitar is a perfect match for it. The Blackouts give a sound no set of EMGs could, with dark, agressive chugs, straight to full, mellow cleans. You can also get a decent crunch tone with them. I'm running this guitar through a Peavey Vypyr 30w and it is a great combo. The 6505 Channel really makes this guitar scream! I haven't heard much noise from this...except for the Metal I'm Making! \m/.

This wasn't my first guitar choice actually. I was hellbent on a Dean Razorback Db and I was going to swap the shitty Dean Stock p/ups with Duncan Blackouts. Then I found this beast, with Blackouts Already In! I didn't fancy the Floyd much...but it grew on me as soon as I held it in my hands. I play metal, and this guitar gives me the best metal tone I've ever had. The only thing I would change about this guitar is the fact that the neck isn't painted. I might get it painted one day...but not in the near future.

This guitar should stand a gig pretty well. The hardware seems sturdy. I'd always use a backup though...because my band uses about...4 different tunings (Standard, Drop D, Drop C, Drop B, maybe Drop A in the future). The strap buttons seem to be sturdy enough.

It came great from the factory, with perfect action and only 1 out of tune string. The finish looks like it could take a beating...but i'm not going to test that theory. There is one little crack in the paint (I bought it B-stock) between the neck and one of the horns of the body...but its barely noticable. The Floyd stays in tune nice...I only have to tune it maybe...twice after putting it in my desired tuning. Its gone from Standard to Drop C, to Drop B, to Drop A...and I haven't had to mess with the springs or adjust anything. This guitar was set up great!

This guitar was crafted in China but I'm not sure about the year. It sports a 24-fret neck with a kind of wide fret board, but the neck is still pretty thin. It has a bolt-on Maple neck with a rosewood fretboard and a mahogany body. I purchased the white with black bevels finish. It also comes equipped with a Licensed Floyd Rose. The p/ups on this beast are a set of Active Seymour Duncan Blackouts. It has V/V/T controls with a 3-way pick up Switch.

MetalMyke
    You can tune it into any tuning you want, as long as you loosen the nut. You might have to adjust your trem tho, unless it was set up wonderfully like mine.
    MasterChadwick wrote: yeah the new c1 looks badass...does anyone know if u can tune from drop d to drop c since it has a locking tremelo
    F4st01
    i bought one of these not long ago, mines one with bolt on neck and duncan active hb 105 pickups, it is a wonderful guitar and as one of the reviewers said the neck pickup is wondeful, one of my clas mates with EMG actives liked my duncans neck pickup more then his,