C-1 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser

Purchased from: S&K Music Studio

I play metal, blues, bluesy rock~southern rock. This guitar fits every one perfect. Not noisy at all, only my Boss MT-2 Metal Zone is, and my Marshall MG100HDFX too. Picking the strings between the bridge and string thru part it gives a weird tool-like electric sound.

This is my third addition to my guitar collection. I also have an Epiphone acoustic and a Peavey Predator EXP. This guitar was such an incredible jump from the Peavey I was a bit overwhelmed. If it were stolen, it wouldnt be it never leaves my side. But, if it was lost or stolen I would buy another, I really love this guitar. I've been playing for 2 1/2 years. I do wish this guitar had a booster Switch the the EMG PA-2 or AB pot. I was comparing this with an ESP but didnt have nearly enough money for the ESP eclipse II. The funny thing is this has more features and the same platinum award from guitar world as the ESP. So I bought this. I also hope it will become a collectors item (since its the first run of the C1 hellraisers).

When I first got this guitar the volume pot for the EMG 85 was rubbing underneath so I raised it and it seems just as solid as the other two. The strap buttons are nice, they are black chrome too. I havn't played a gig with it (not currently in a band) but I would always have a backup to be safe. No matter what guitar I had. This thing is built like a tank though so it can take a beating.

It was set up nicely. The parts are manufacured in Korea but the guitar is put together in Burbank. There was one paint flaw on the neck, a very small white spot, nothing horrible. However, still, I'd rather it not be there.

This beauty was made in 2005 in Korea. It has 24 Jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard backed by a 3-piece mahogany neck. The string through C1 style body (Strat-like with more contours for comfort) is also mahogony witha quilted maple top. The black cherry paint job (also availible in black) is so thick and deep, however transluscent, that way you can see the grain of the wood. The best part of the body is the abalone binding. The abalone is also on the fretboard as Gothic Crosses to replace the traditional "dots." The Grover tuners are a beatiful tainted chrome (as are the pegs, volume and tone pots, 3-way Switch, and input jack). Pickups - EMG 81 (bridge)/85 (neck) active pickups. The best pickups I've ever used. peroid. Any tone imaginable. However, the run a little hot for clean chord progessions. And of course, they really Shine for metal. 2 vol pots 1 tone. Tune-O-Matic bridge piece. It included one cable.