C-1 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser

Purchased from: Sound Control

I play mostly metal with a small amount of blues noodling. I play through a Marshall MG100DFX (rubbish but no money to upgrade, yet). The first thing I noticed is the sustain when I played this guitar, it's amazing. The EMG's give that classic EMG sound, which is great! The guitar has a lovely bright sound especially with elixir strings.

Overall this guitar is excellent! The one problem is that it took about 5 months to arrive. Sound Control have only had 3 of these in the UK last year apparently. Schecter do not seem to want to give much attention to the UK market which is disappointing but now that I have the guitar there are no complaints! I have been playing for about 7 years now and I can honestly say this is the best guitar I have used. If it were stolen I would have a long wait to get another one but I would definitely buy one! Before buying I also looked at the Jackson DKMGT but went for the Schecter due to the set neck and active EMG's. The finish is also nicer on the Schecter in my opinion! I wish the guitar had a battery compartment like an Ibanez, the Schecter has a screwed on plate (like the main electronics cover) which would be a pain if a battery died in a gig! Other than that it's perfect!

I have played 2 gigs so far with this guitar and I think that it will withstand some abuse. The finish does scratch easily so I definitely recommend a hard case! I would use this guitar without a backup as it has a really 'solid' feel to it.

The guitar is set up in the USA by Schecter prior to shipping so the action was perfect, no fret buzz and low as you like! The finish is really excellent; the glossiness of the lacquer complements the maple veneer well. All hardware was perfect and the frets were all filed accurately.

This guitar has 24 jumbo frets, a set mahogany neck (which is quite fat compared to Ibanez's or Jackson's more like a slightly thinner Gibson) into a mahogany body with a quilted maple top. There is a carved heel to the neck which gives excellent access to the upper frets with a very comfortable feel. I have the black cherry finish which is absolutely stunning! The pickups are EMG's, 81 in bridge and 85 in the neck position. The bridge is Tune-O-Matic with string through which gives lovely sustain. There is a volume knob for each pickup and a communal tone knob. The tuners are Grover and are excellent, really easy to get fine adjustment. The usual rubbish short lead was included but it's a nice touch I guess!

tiny0514
    i am getting one of thease bad boys duz any 1 kno whear i can get 1 in the uk
    Annexation
    I got my c1 hellraiser from Sound Control UK but i wouldn't look forward to getting it quickly mine came in 5 months!
    Chad11491
    p3rry_punk, it depends on what kind of music you play, if you play metal and harder rock, it id much better, buuuut you can squeeze out classic rock and cleans out of EMG's by just messing with your EQ
    yohomieryan11
    im plannin on buyin 1. i looked at some pics of the one with the floyd rose and the black cherry looks alot different than the black cherry on this one. does it look like that in real life
    \m/(--_--)\m/
    I love this guitar with a passion. It's deadly for all the heavier genres. Oh and I haven't seen anyone comment that Jeff Loomis of Nevermore plays a Hellraiser, so just thought I's mention it.
    KsE_505
    This guitar is amazing.....i got it over the summer. The EMGs sound good if your playing metal but if you play like clean stuff, they are so hot that they still have a little bit of distortion tone in the sound. It's good because the battery doesnt wear out too fast.
    murderproof
    this axe is by far THE best metal guitar i've ever play or even heard of. I've tried all the great Ibanez's and Jacksons and Gibsons at Guitar Center and this one BLOWS them off the block not to mention it is hundreds of dollars less than those. My favorite guitar. It is perfect in every way, except the finish scratches pretty easy.
    Pigsnacks
    I've got a Gibson V and play frequently on a ESP Ltd EC-1000 and a Ibanez Prestige RGT320Q. The Ibanez is not surprisingly the best one of the lot but the Schecter does come fairly close and is a damn sight cheaper. Get one if you love metal or just simply love gutiars.
    -metalgod666
    shhaannt wrote: Price paid: 0 ey how come u said that u didnt pay anything?
    because he stole it haha