C-1 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser

Purchased from: eBay

Make no mistake about it, this is a metal guitar. The EMGs give a great sound for metal. The guitar is fairly bright. I find myself using the tone knob more than I do on other guitars. Very versatile. This guitar really shines on my Peavey Classic 30 amp. The EMG 85 in the neck gives it a more mellow sound that sounds wonderful clean or distorted. Sounds great with leads as well.

For a metal player, this is an excellent guitar. It sounds great in Standard tunings and even better in low tunings. The action can get extremely low. I have noticed that I play much better on this guitar than I do on my Jackson DKMGT. If this was stolen I would probably buy the C-7 Hellraiser to replace it. This guitar is wonderful. Considering the fact that I paid $400 for this guitar, I couldn't be happier.

I would definitely gig this guitar without backup. The tuners hold tune very well, so it's definitely gig-worthy. The EMGs sound great. All the hardware on this guitar is top-notch, you will not find hardware this good on a guitar in this price range. TonePros bridge, Grover tuners, EMG 81/85 pickups. It makes one wonder how Schecter can still make a profit while giving you hardware that is only found on guitars twice it's price.

Action and intonation was right on when I received it. The action is lower than the action of any guitar I've ever played. Schecter's seem to always have great action. I didn't have to adjust anything when I got it, just tuned it up and started playing. The finish needs to be seen to be believed. It's definitely an eye catcher. I've shown it to several of my friends and they had to wipe their drool off their chins.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, made in Korea in 2006. 24 fret set neck guitar, abalone binding all around the body, gothic cross inlays. Mahogany neck and body, rosewood fretboard. Quilted top with a black cherry finish. TonePros bridge, Grover tuners. Tuners are very smooth and hold tune well. Active EMG 81/85 pickups. V/V/T electronic setup. The finish really needs to be seen in person. One of the most beautiful guitars I've everr seen, and definitely the best playing. The action is very low without buzzing. The set neck helps when playing at the lower frets.

SchitzoJoe
    I might buy one of these. I have a Schecter Synyster Standard that I'm thinking about pimping out with some new humbuckers and a sustainer or something, but I might just save that money and put it towards one of these. Sexiness in a box.
    olschoolfool
    This guitar is amazingly insane.So much to with it and so little time.Im just turning 50 this year and wish I had this guitar 20 years ago. I have the avenger series in blk cherry and only paid 500 hundred for it brand new. Got it from a store going out of business in Florida,shipping & hardcase included.Dreams come true.
    jaimeduzz
    which on should i get an gibson 800 dollar les paul studio replace the pick ups with emgs or this