C-1 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser

I play mostly metal, heavy metal, blues, and progressive rock, and this guitar is perfect for it. The EMG pickups, without effects, gives a variety of of tones, especially when you Switch from single coil to humbucker, Amazing clean sound with single coil. I use alot of distortion and when you go to play harmonics, the guitar screams at you.

My overall impression with this guitar is amazing. When I bought it, everyone that saw the guitar said it was a beautiful guitar. I've been playing for about 2.5 years now, and I have a Ibanez and this Schecter is just way better. I honestly can say that $749.99 is a extremely good price. You rarely find a guitar this good for under a grand. If someone stole this guitar, I'd buy a new one before the day ends. If you want an amazing heavy metal guitar for under a grand, buy this guitar. You will never regret it.

I personally think that this guitar will last for a very long time. Strap buttons are secure so they're never coming off. I would definitely use this guitar in a gig. A back up would probably not be necessary because if you sap a string, you can get fix it in about a minute. I have a feeling this guitar will pass the test of time.

The guitar was set up almost perfectly. The action was too low and there was some fret buzz, but other than that it was perfect. The intonation is as close to perfect as you can get. The bridge was set up great. The frets were filed nicely, and the wood quality is superb. Your hand just glides along it.

The C-1 Hellraiser has 24 easy to reach frets, thanks to the neck which flows into the body. The pickups are EMG 81/89 active, with a push/pull knob for the 2 volume controls, making them Switch between humbucker and single coil, with a 3 way selector. The Schecter locking tuners make it so much easier to tune. The string thur body bridge is amazing too, its comfortable to rest your hand on the bridge, unlike some other guitars.

salgala2000
    BucketShuk
    hey guys, i have a REALLY important question im kinda short on money but want to buy a new guitar, so i was thinkin bout the Hellraiser, but Damien Special FR is also pretty good. so... which one is really better? PLEASE YOU METAL&ROCK LOVERS, HELP ME =0
    Teh S'moore
    salgala2000 wrote: anybody know any other guitars in the hellraiser series that have coil-tapped EMG's
    I think most of them do. If I'm not mistaken, all the Hellraisers have EMG's and Coil-tap pickups.
    Sir applesauce
    I just bought mine! It seriously beats any Ibanez, Gibson, Musicman, ESP, or anything I've played before. It's truly incredible. Sure, it doesn't have a ridiculously thin neck like an Ibanez, but it sounds so much better and has far more sustain. You can't get a better deal than this, it has everything packaged into one guitar. It plays better than most guitars that are twice the price too. The only thing they could improve is having a Blackout option for the same price. Preferably the AHB-3 EMTY. The Blackjack is good if you want the Blackout tone, but doesn't have the insane finish that this one has.
    awifal
    does anyone know the difference between the hellraiser c-1 and the c-1 fr?
    A7Xguitarplayer
    awifal wrote: does anyone know the difference between the hellraiser c-1 and the c-1 fr?
    the c-1 fr has a floyd rose locking tremelo thats what fr stands for but otherwise its the some thing
    coryp08
    It has single coil taps, so all the stuff about not having a single coil is technically not accurate, I use my taps a lot and you can get a great bluesy and jazz tone out of them.
    awifal
    mrrman wrote: why is a battery needed??? I rather have one without.
    because they are active pickups that use batteries
    awifal
    what is the difference between the hellraiser c-1 and the c-1 ex?