C-1 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser

I play a few different styles from hard rock / metal to blues. I use a line spider 2 with a Line 6 pod xt for the extra memory banks. This guitar does everything I ask of it. Its fast for the metal I play and beautiful tones for the blues I play. It has coil taps on each pick up. I have been playing for 32 years. I have never played a guitar like this. I have owned Gibson, ESP, Kramer, Ibanez. I currently own an Ibanez RG series and this Schecter... It is awesome!

Yes I would def buy another. I chose this guitar after an operation on my left shoulder recently. I needed a guitar that was light in weight that can give me the tones I need. I had been looking at Ibanez and ESP again having owned an ESP V series. I had pretty much decided on an ESP MH1000 untill I picked this up. For those don't know. ESP and Schecter are owned by the same company hence similar design in some of there product lines. In my opinion, Schecter are much better quality than ESP. Alot of the time... A buyer, buying ESP is paying for the name or I should say paying a higher price for ESP with the bands like Metallica endorsing them! Though Metallica have custom built ESP guitars! Everything is what I love about it. Nothing is what I don't like about it. Fave feature has got to be the weight and action. I hope this helps those who can't decide on buying a C1 Hellraiser.

I've not gigged with this as yet, though I have no doubts it will be fine. It stays in tune pretty well, even with new strings! Hardware is top quality. The finish is just outstanding, beautiful gloss black with Grey pearl binding and gothic crosses on the fret board. Chrome volume and tone control. The gothic crosses reflect light in changing colours according the colour being pointed at them.

I bought the guitar as uses from ebay. Sadly the chap who owned it before me had a different way (lol) of setting it up... The bridge on the wrong way, down tuned to B with 12's on it. WTF! It didn't take me to long to set it up from scratch. I have the action set around 3mm above the 12th. No fret buzz. It takes next too no effort to play a note / chord.

Its a Korean made C1 Hellraiser BLK. Gloss Black. Grey pearl binding and Gothic crosses on fret board. 2 octive through neck. TonePros Tune-o-matic bridge. 3 way pick up selector. Active EMG 81 and 89 pick ups. Each pick up has a coil tap for single humbucker sounds. Grover locking tuners.

tombayly13
    Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, C-1 Classic or ESP LTD MH1000????
    craigjames4
    if the LTD is made in South Korea, I'd recommend it over the Hellraiser everyday of the week. I've played both and the LTD has more balls and sounds better than the Hellraiser.
    givemeajackson
    tombayly13 wrote: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, C-1 Classic or ESP LTD MH1000????
    the classic for sure if you can find one!
    craigjames4
    Bought this guitar twice, and each time I learned why it wasn't 'perfect': The pickups. If Schecter would just put a straight 81/85, 81/60 or 81/81 in this guitar, it would be perfect (minus all the BS inlays, I don't care for it). The current EMG set that is included can be split, but in humbucker mode they don't have the balls that a regular 81/85 would have.
    oscar.b.palmgre
    I have a deal on this guitar for a bargain, and I'm really tempted to buy it. However, I already have two guitars, which none of are baritone, so I can't really tune them lower than maximum drop B. Have anyone attempted to drop their Hellraiser C1 to A and beyond, and how did that work out then? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just trying to learn that's all.
    exiledavatar
    The C1 Hellraiser is a beast (Bar None)(Metalheads insert headbanging here!) Out of the box it required very little tweaking on the action and setup. I set the EMG's higher on the bottom end and leveled and polished the frets (just for preference and lower action). Now it plays even faster than it did in the showroom. I have played many high end guitars through the years and for the price, this one outshines them. I'm not a fan of the coil-tapping and rarely use it (the only feature I do not use). Sound great on a Spider III 75W with A Behringer UM pedal. Tusq material for the nut is great though I had to re-slot the low E for drop tuning to avoid that nasty rattle. With my experience and over 15 years of playing, I am tempted to add the Hellraiser Solo 6 to my roster as well. Truly a great axe. Compared to the tweaks I do on other guitars, this one was bare minimum to meet my preferences. "You only need as many guitars as there are tuning variations. It must mean I am off to a slow start."
    Uthought86
    I just got mine like two weeks ago and i have to say that this is the best guitar i have ever owned. I have been playing for 16 years and have had 9 guitars before this one and its the best sounding and easiest to play guitar i have had. Also my first guitar with EMG's i always preferred Seymour Duncans but this guitar converted me. The Pole splitting on the pickups also make it the only guitar that you need. No matter what you are trying to play with the turn or pull of a knob and a flip of a switch. Your ready!
    Joeseye
    tombayly13 wrote: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, C-1 Classic or ESP LTD MH1000????
    Depends what for! C-1 Hellraiser is very good for metal and rock. C-1 arguably looks better, and is probably more suited to lower gain rock and blues. I've got both.