C-1 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser FR

Purchased from: Steve's Music

I'm playing mostly heavy metal, trash metal, progressive rock, with that guitar.It suit my style perfecly! I'm using a Mesa Boogie F-50, you can't imagine how it sound until you hear it. I've got MXR-151 doubleshot distortion and MXR Zack Wylde Overdrive. Honestly I'm not using them, I don't need it. Sometime I use my doubleshot for the focus. This guitar isn't noisy at all. You can play any metal or rock you want with that guitar, even blues.

I'm playing Megadeth, A7X, Metallica, GN'R, and a lot more. This guitar is a really good match. I'm playing for 2 years. I own a Gibson ES-137 and a Godin Freeway Classic. If that guitar were stolen, I would first seek and destroy the one Who did that. And then I would run buy a another one. I love the set-neck, the original floyd rose and the emg active pickup. I compare it to the LTD JH-600 or the ESP M-II EMG.

This guitar is made for live playing, really easy to play. Everything on that guitar is quality, the hardware will last for sure. I've change the strap buttons for lock strap buttons, but the original look solid. When your playing with a floyd rose you should always have a backup, but if there were no floyd rose, no need. The finish is great, not even a tiny scratch on mine.

The set-up was perfect when I received it, the action and the pickups were perfect. The floyd roses original was perfecly adjusted. It's really a biotch when it's not. There is no flaws on that guitar. The finish is beautiful, the gloss black is so nice! I'm glad that those guitar are set in the US.

Mahoru
    Damn... it looks so good!!!! I'm even thinking about forgetting to buy a LTD and get this one! O_o
    darkfall_13
    fcuk wrote: my cousin zacky vengeance has one
    And I'm pretty sure the other guy (not Zacky) doesn't play a hellraiser, but rather an Avenger body styled Schecter from before the Hellraiser line even came out.
    Anthony Meyer
    and btw the way synyster gates has never played this guitar on stage because i read an interview and he said he has never used emgz. he only used c-1 fr, pt blackjack, c-1 avenger and his custom
    diesect20022000
    well, this guitar is decent as long as you double check it. The first one i had was factory made defective.....neck had gouges taken out, string holes were missing the metal peices etc but, the secong\d one i had was nice. Not anything exceptonal tonaly but, i would love to have it back. It played decently and sounded good and looked fantastic but, i have no money. I would say Schecter is a hit or miss becaus i have gone through TONS of their guitars all makes and modles but, when you find one that isn't broken or that has a warped neck etc they can be great and very reliable instruments.
    metallifan1
    GNR'n'A7X wrote: God-damnit. I don't mean to burst anyones bubble but I'm a huge fan of A7X's work and Synyster Gates doesn't play EMGs (If you can find him ever using them I'd be rather surprised)... He uses Seymour Duncan Invaders. Yeah, you know, the cool thing about the Avenger / C-1 FR is that they are similar to something Synyster Gates would play, but your not ripping him off by doing so because there are indeed quite a few differences. Other than the EMGs I've also never seen him play anything with abolone or a quilt top this beautiful. But yeah, fu*kin' awesome guitar. I can't make up my mind if i wanna get this one or the Avenger (and probably throw a FR on myself).
    waking the fallen was recorded on a Les Paul with EMG's
    Shinozoku
    I played one of these the other day and it kicked ass! I intend to get one, and maybe switch the pickups to Bill Lawrence. But that depends on how much I can get a Bernie Rico Jr. Vixen for...
    \m/(--_--)\m/
    "I'd recommend it to anyone except emo's cause I don't want em' playing something this nice" Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Metalology
    Slayer23222 wrote: My De Armond is crap compared to that.
    lol, I have one too.
    ducky!!
    looks awesome, i would love to have 1, but its a lil too expensive for me, im a cheap mother fracker, anything over $500 is way too expensive
    dukedude18
    I would just like to say that i recently purchased one of these guitars and it is the best purchase i have ever made. Great quality, sick distortion and awsome cleans. All for a great price. Schecter did a great job of putting this guitar together.
    De Amazing Blob
    This will be without a doubt be my next guitar. Schecter completely owns all brands in any price range!