C-1 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser FR

It suits my music style flawlessy (All kinds of rock, mostly Hard Rock, Metal and Thrash). Right now I am using a Line 6 Spider II 30 watt and a Boss MT-2 Metal-Zone pedal. I get a nice metal tone out of this combination. I wish I had a better amp because I don't feel I'm am getting the full potential out of my Hellraiser with the Spider II amp. When you turn the volume all the way you do get a little bit of excess noise. I don't know why people say that EMG's have bad cleans because I think they give you a nice warm and rich tone. Great harmonics from the EMG's. This guitar is a soloing machine, but great for any kind of rock.

This guitar is a perfect fit for my style of playing. I have been playing guitar for about 2 years and I have never played such a wonderful guitar. If it were stolen I would buy it again without a doubt I can not be without this guitar. I love everything about it, the thick neck, the active EMG's, but my favorite feature is the all black finish, it looks like it was made for metal. Before buying this guitar I was comparing it do the Jackson DKMG, but I bought this one because it seemed like it was more suitable for me. I highly recommend you get this flawless piece of equipment, you will never regret buying it.

I have not played live so I'm not positive, but I'm sure it will hold up fine. The strap buttons are very solid and sturdy I have no worries about them. If I did play Live I would not need a backup for this guitar I can depend on it, I have never had a string break or anything during intense playing. I have had this guitar for 5 months and the finish looks as beatiful as it did when I first got it.

This guitar arrived in perfect condition no scrapes or knicks of any kind. It came in tune and setup perfectly. The black glossy finish is more amazing in person, the pictures on the internet do not do it justice. This guitar is flawless.

Manufactured in South Korea set up in Burbank, California. 24 Extra Jumbo Frets 25 1/2" Scale. Solid Mahogany body, 3-piece mahogany/rosewood set neck. Strat-type body with a nice thick neck perfect for my big hands. Armed with EMG 81 in the bridge and EMG 85 in the neck. All black hardware, including grover tuners, original Floyd Rose tremolo, Floyd Rose locking nut, 3 way pickup selector, and volume/volume/tone knobs. The gothic cross inlays are a beautiful addition to this already amazing guitar. Came with a few allen wrenches and a cable.

ConfusedBirdman
    They need to release an FR version of the c1 that isn't in the hellraiser line. Maybe with some Seymour Duncans and a 5 way or push pull?
    Andy0235
    they have released an FR version of the C-1 with Duncan Designed pickups
    Nocomment
    Lol I finally got mine and it's great. The 85 has surprisingly good cleans but the 81's cleans blow. But that's not what you're buying it for is it? And falafel I've heard it takes so long (mine took two and a half months) because the factory was low on Floyd parts, but who knows.
    falafel
    got it yesterday and Nocomment yes the cleans where better than I expected, i can even play some non-metal on it (even to most ppl say you can't do that with emgs) they told me too that floyd rose had screwd up the schedule...
    Atomic_gerbil
    Without a doubt Schecter's Flagship C-1. I've played it and it sounds and feels great. I just wish i could afford one, damnit.
    rockergurl09
    definitely the best schecter has to offer! I happened to find this beauty at my local Guitar Center, and it's the best guitar I have ever played! Though it's directed to metal players, it can play pretty much anything. However, I'm a bit disappointed with the clean tones. Maybe that's because I'm used to the beautiful clean tones of my strat. Anyway... I LOVE it! Ever since I've played it, I've been longing for it every day. It's first on my list for things to buy over the summer.
    the_lil_rocker
    i LOVE this axe...and i agree rockergurl the best schecter has to offer! i was about to pass off schecter before i saw that they made this with EMG's and a Floyd Rose...IM GETTING ONE FOR SURE!!! and its colour will get my mums approvel
    TheCarl88
    I played one of these through a Mesa double rectifier and I will admit it's an awesome guitar and as far as gibson's concerned they can't justify the price when this guitar is a whole lot cheaper, and so what gibsons are made in the US, I'd rather a Korean made Schechter than a Gibson made in the US by mexicans. Only thing was the neck was a bit thick for my liking, and no offense dude in the first review but with EMG's because their active it doesn't use the bodies tone, so whether it were mahogany or alder it'd sound practically the same, that's cos active pickups have their own preamps. That's why this guitar won't sound like Syns because his has passive invaders if I recall correctly.
    rammsteinrob
    I love Schecter, I own the Schecter RAF spifire which is discontinued now. It's amazing. This one looks really good as well. Suprised they're not well known compared to other makes
    rammsteinrob