C-1 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser FR

The sound on this guitar is wonderful. It has a really good clean tone, and it knocked me off my feet with its distortion. In my opinion, it's the best metal guitar ever. It has a lot of power behind the notes, and with high gain you can still make out the tone of each note clearly. If you're looking to play metal, contemporary or classic, I would strongly recomend this guitar. I think it's better than most Jacksons in its price range.

I play metal music, and this is the best guitar I've ever played for metal, even better than my friends ESP's, Jackson King V's, and Jackson Randy Rhoads model. If you play metal, you should definately look at this guitar for playing. I've been playing for 4 years, and I can make some really beautiful, heavy sounds through my Marshall amp, although I would love to try it through a Krank, because I heard those were better for heavier music. If it were stolen, I would buy another one the next day, because I couldn't play anything less than this. I love everything about it, the sound, the look, the way the tremelo stays in tune, and I haven't found anything that made it less enjoyable to play. I compared it to just about every Jackson on the wall, and this was noticeably better than any of them in its price range. if your looking for a good metal guitar, go out right now and look at this guitar. It really is that good.

I haven't had it for too long, so I can't say how durable it is in the long run, but from what I've seen so far, I expect to have this guitar my whole life. I was practicing with the tremelo all week, and I didn't tune it once, and when I went to tune it before my guitar lesson, it was perfect, which impressed me quite a bit. I would never gig without a backup, because it would take forever to re string with the tremelo, but I would rely on it if I didn't have a backup. I would be extremely suprised if even the pain lessend up over the years because it looks like it was done really well.

When I got the guitar, it was completely ready to go. The action was nice and low, which allows faster playing, its pickups responded beautifully, it was in perfect tune, and the tremelo reacted to the slightest touch. It was in mint condition, no scratches or chipped paint, perfect, like it was straight from the factory. Even the strings felt nice from the first time I played it.

I have just purchased a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, and I must say, it is simply amazing. It has 24 frets, which I'm extremely happy about since I usually solo above the 12. I believe it to be made out of mahogony, but I don't really mind what type of wood it's out of, as long as it feels nice (it does) and isn't rediculously heavy (it isn't). It has a great appearance, kind of an off SG body shape, cool fret inlays, and an excellent black cherry glossy paint job. it's effects are quite nice as well, it has an excellent Floyd Rose locking tremelo system, a 3 way pickup selector, 2 volume nobs (one for each EMG) and a tone nob. The only downside is that it did't come with a case, and I spent $80 on a really nice hard case, although I'm sure you could find a case for cheaper.

b0ggy
    ^ lol @ poster above I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000! I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000 I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000 I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000 I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000 I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000 I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000
    ManInAClownSuit
    to butthouse 337: the parts are built in korea but they're assembled in america, by americans. this guitar is made of mahogany and maple (kinda like ur precious les paul). zakk wylde did not make the pickup combo famous as it was played by metallica and kerry king from slayer first. but ill agree about a7x, they suck . i love schecters because they sound good and they have good features for a good price.
    stew91
    i personaly think that any one that buys syns guitar just cos they think hes cool is just lame and should really rethink there options and to keep on topic i want one really bad i may have to leave santa more then mince pies to get one tho
    mark69
    omg, this guitar is sooo sick, i bought one like 2 weeks ago, it makes my pants wet everytime i loook at it. but seriously, if you want a good ****ing guitar, with a kick ass sound and mad tone, this guitar all the way!!!
    padwaxk88
    Member wrote: Yeah the Lowest I've tried to go was C flat and It got there fine, I wrote this review so I can prove that I've done it. (I use power slinkys though)
    C flat/B sharp...lol..prove you found an unfindable note? im pretty sure there is no c flat or f flat
    prunejuiceman74
    Actually there is, look at either the Major 7th or Dominant 7th chords. It's technical, but still a note.
    butthouse337
    to the dood who said schecter makes a better guitar then gibson. your an idiot. and obviously no nothing about guitars. any1 in their right mind would agree. 1st of all gibson is an american made guitar. schecter is korean or japenese or something. which means schecter sends them to be made in different countries becuz they are made cheaper. cheaper defines crap. the materials and specs don't hold any water to a gibson. gibson uses maghoany and maple in their guitars. your precsious schecter is more than likely a couple of pieces of plywood slapped together. now don't get me wrong what type of guitar u like is up to the player. and if this is the 1 for u. awesome. get it. but do some damn research 1st. just remember this guitar has active emg 81/85 pickups. this combination was made famous by zakk wylde in a les paul not a schecter. oh and 1 more thing. when u buy a guitar remember it's like buying a car. if u want a kia by a schecter. if u want a cadillac by a gibson. it's a no brainer, butthouse p.s. before a7x was endorsed by schecter they were playing gibson les pauls. most of u are lame and wouldn't know that cuz u don't know anything about a band until mtv tells u their the new thing. also a7x and synster are the the biggest ripoffs of guns and roses since guns and roses. fyi - slash plays a les paul.
    Dithindious
    Its a nice guitar, shame the necks a wee bit to thick for me or id have one in a second!! Sounds good but not quite as full a tone as some other tars. Off topic but ManInAClownSuit Zakks been around for years I'd be surprised if Metalica were playin them first, more likely they jus got recognition first but thats jus me being pedantic I spose