C-1 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser FR

It suits my musical style very well (I play everything I can get my hands on). The only problem is the cleans using the 85 (neck pickup) buzz annoyingly at high volumes, but I'm sure that's my crappy amp. The only amp I've ever heard it through is my Line 6 Spider III 15; that's what I played it on in the store, that's what I bought, that's what my friend has. It gives a nice sound; gets quite dark on the 85 which is good for blues and heavy metal. The 81 is much brighter and is perfect for solos. Also, harmonics are very easy.

Overall I've really enjoyed this guitar. It's perfect for any type of music. I've only been playing a year and a half but I've played a few good guitars and this is one of them. I don't have any one favorite feature. The EMGs force out wonderful tone for any type of music, and the quilted maple top and abalone binding give it a nice classic feel while the black and dark cherry give it more of a modern gothic feel.

As far as I can tell the guitar is very sturdy. I've bumped it a few times and nothing has chipped or scratched. The strap buttons hold remarkably well and I wouldn't be afraid to use them without support. The finish is good and the controls seem like they will last. The only fault is that the connector on the side of the guitar sometimes loosens, but all you have to do is tighten it with a wrench to keep it from moving again.

The guitar was setup very well. The only flaw I noticed is a knick in the neck (probably from use at Guitar Center, it was a show model). Also, the intonation may be slightly off, but it could be my tuner. The tuning keys hold the tune perfectly, even when I abuse the Floyd Rose. The tone/volume controls feel just perfect to turn, with just the right amount of resistance and grip.

LD_Luke D
    schecter needs a couple new body styles (but keep the old ones) someone like me who likes extreme looking guitars and schecter quality there should be a middle ground.
    th365thli
    butthouse. You have got to be the biggest dumbass i have ever seen/read. If YOU have done any research, as you clearly have not, you would've noticed that they are made out of mahogany and maple as maninaclownsuit has so kindly pointed it. Just cuz something's not made in America doesn't mean it sucks, so your assumption there is stupid, but not unpredictable. I understand that the "schecter is better than gibson" quotes must be aggravating and i understand, i mean, who likes fanboys, but keep your dim, uninformed quotes to yourself. Play the guitar, before you judge it. Also as i said before, you're implied claim that all american guitars are better than foreign guitars is typical of western superior thinking (i'm chinese, here come the child labor jabs..)but while we're on the subject of cars, we can both agree that european cars in fact kick both cadillac and kias ass. Your analogy of cars does not hold any water, as you simply picked the shittiest foreign brand and the best american brand. Please, keep your bigoted mannerisms to yourself. As you can see, i have clearly destroyed your argument but before you start talking shit about me, i'll let you know that i do in fact own a hellraiser fr, and have played high quality gibsons, and my personal PREFERENCE is that schecter guitars are better, but really, its up in the air. Sorry, i just hate idiots.
    pigmuff
    Hey! I drive a Kia... Although it has a transmission like a russian tank and I bought it because it was the only car I could afford... Anyway, I'm getting this guitar. I've never heard a single AX7 song, so I don't know what they sound like, and I don't fancy guitars just because some tool also has it. In fact, I've never heard of a single person on the schecter website, I just really like this guitar. If I wanted a guitar that was endorsed by a musician I'd actually heard of I'd get a jackson, or something along those lines (also if I had the money =|)
    tabber666
    I own this guitar AND a Gibson Les Paul and I can honestly say, I like them both equally in different ways. I like the Gibson's heavy tone, but the Gibson is also really heavy, unlike the Schecter. I like the fact that the Schecter has a floyd which the Gibson doesn't. Both awesome guitars
    slashNpage77
    [quote] It has a great appearance, kind of an off SG body shape/quote] What the hell are you talking about? Remember crack is bad for you, and it obviously impairs your vision as well.
    the_lil_rocker
    im just guna jump in nd diss butthouse 2...ur an idiot! i think schecters have been defended enof on this page so im guna defend a7x nd synyster...1st of all they played parkers and fenders before they ever played a les paul in public so ur wrong there. 2nd synyster's dad teachers Jazz guitar and hence syn was brought up a jazz guitarist...ne way i cant understand how you think they sound the same...they both have totally different signiture sounds...iv been a huge fan of a7x even b4 sounding the 7th trumpet came out so i kno wat im talkin bwt
    Lslashed
    BUTTHOUSE is definitely the right name for dikhead. I have a schecter guitar and its AMERICAN made and has a MAHOGANY body. How do you like them apples dikface. your probly some poncy rich asswipe who cant even play the guitar so just cause your rich daddy bought you a gibson lespaul it does not mean you can slag off other AMERICAN made guitars. And while we're on the topic of you being a dumbass you should probly get your facts right before you slag off good bands aswell.
    Lslashed
    Woops i was meant to say: butthouse is definitely the right name for YOU dikhead : grr:: grr:: grr:: grr:: grr:: grr:
    -<HELLRAISER>-
    i own both a gibson les paul and a c-1 hellraiser FR, nd to be honest i dispise my les paul, it wos 1 of my first guitars, but its sooo heavy and the neck is really thick, i know that is really well built and will last forever, but its just nower near my schecter, alot of south korean guitars are really bad quality, and usually they come nower near american made guitars, but schecter is the exception, it looks beter, sounds beter, plays beter, basically everything about it is beter, and judging by the quality id say it will last forever