C-1 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser FR

Purchased from: guitar center

I play, heavy music posthardcore, metalcore, screamo. As well as light rock and easy listening, this guitar can do both. I have had suicide silence, I have had audio slave, I have had Metallica, and Killswitch Engage, all on this one guitar, the thing is now it's tuned to c so it's staying metal. I use it with a Crate flexwave solid state amp 120 watts and the matching cab as far as effects I use Electro-Harmonix and Boss, with the right settings all around I can get killer tone and awesome sound. This is seriously the best sounding guitar I have ever played. Even better then a few high end PRS guitars or Gibsons.

This deff would fit anyone style of music, especially metal. And I would recommend it to anyone. It works great with my setup, and for the time I've been playing 3 years it opens new doors and windows to future writing. I would deff buy another one of these if it ever got stolen or lost. Heck I might buy another for a different tunning. This guitar is 100% love 0000% hate. I bet you can't find a flaw with it. When buying this guitar I was either going to buy this guitar, or a high end Ibanez. I'm glad I got this, sometimes I wish it had a coil tap like my old Schecter and I also wish it had a killswitch but I just ask for too much in my guitar.

This guitar is more reliable then the guard dog sitting on your front porch. I have played a gig with this. I will keep playing gigs with this. Without worry with ease. The only thing that I did was pop strap locks on it due to the weight at the end my strap would always pop off and luckly my hand was around the neck. The guitar is a beautiful work of art and is truly worthy of main stage.

Taking it home, the action was low. Very good for guitar center. Then I got it setup for c and it was even lower. The pickup height was awesome, best I've seen. And everything else was in it's place. I had a buddy Who only plays Schecter and he ordered a Damien a few weeks back he got it and the trem slot was all carved and broken. He ordered another one same thing. It looks like this guitar is worthy of no harm?

I believe the guitar was made in 2006 over in Korea, I heard that it was manafactured in the same buliding as ESP parts. It has 24 extra jumbo frets, which makes it easier for people who have bigger fingers like me. The neck is a little bigger then an Edge 3 from Ibanez but still it's a shredder guitar. I got the red, because black personally is int my color. But either way both the colors are amazing design. They were shinny when in store, and there shining bright today. it's a beautiful guitar. It pretty much looks exactly like every other Schecter, except for the fact it is the best Schecter made. It has a Floyd Rose original, not that fake crap. I was honestly worried about buyin this, afraid of tunning problems, string breakage ya know the general omg fr feeling. But I was wrong I can make these strings tie knots around the fret board and it'll stay in tune, and you can tug till the cows come home, a string wont break. It came with EMG active 81/85 combo, personally all my guitars have this, EMGS are insaneeee, there super clean and super thick, best pickups ever. It has 2 volume 1 tone and a 3 way selector, black hardware, pretty easy to use, and it has grover tunners. I bout it at guitar center in which I know people so I got a case for free. Guitar and case for 600 it was a steal.

GuitarPlayer716
    First of all, people should NOT use A7X to defend Schecter, because A7X sucks. Secondly, Schecter makes really good guitars that can defend themselves. My friend has one, and it shreds like hell. My only complaint was that the volume knob was really close to the bridge, and I kept hitting it while playing.
    HardAsButter
    someone needs to do a reveiw on the new model. it's out on musicians friend and it's got a EMG 81TW/89 humbucker setup and it comes in white. It also has some other feautures that this one doesn't. and they've stopped making this one so yeah.....
    jdizzze1
    This guitar beats any guitar under 2000 Craftsmanship is out of this world
    36mikeyb36
    I love mne, first guitar i ever got, retail says 799.99 but i got mine for 523$ cuz i bought it with an amp and i knew the dude from guitar center. running through a line 6 spider three 30 watt on the metal setting this this is a demon. it is such a heavy sound its incredible, and yes the cleans are not bad at all but i dont think a "HELLRAISER" was made for cleans. The EMG's are awesome and i prefer to play on the 85 just cuz its heavier and thats my style. i love killswitching between the 85 and 81, its awesome and sounds cool and is fun. hope this made sense. btw line 6 spiders are ot bad amps at all, i love mine better than my zakk wylde marshall mini stack, even thoughe the mini stack is MUCHHHHH LOUDER, but u can still play small gigs with the 30 watt, its very loud.
    mark69
    a_fallenzero wrote: I have played one without the flood rose it was by far the best in its price range .
    yea man, those flood roses are pretty nice
    mark69
    I bought this guitar in the summer. Its absolutely the best guitar i've ever played. Of coarse the EMG's make it mad for awsome solo tones. Definitly worth investing in.And the best thing is,no one plays shecters yet, so you'll have a more unique guitar, unlike buying a Les Paul, like EVERYone does. If your into anythign metal, and even some classic shit, this guitars got it covered. Amazing action, the tremelo's a beaut, love those lock nuts The only downer to this guitar, is changing tunning, as like ANY floyd rose tremelo. If your looking at buying a new guitar, abd your willing to spend about a grand, look into schecters for sure. If your not into the tremelo, get the one wihtout it If you've played it, and didnt like it, chances are its cause you cant play guitar.
    The*Reaper
    Sounds like a great guitar. It has quality wiring and construction and great pickups. The quality of Schecter rivals Gibson's at a much lower price.
    Arc7
    @ Australian buyers Got one ordered from US only set me back just over 1000 Au , gota love the aus to us dollar atm came with a free hardcase too
    lockless7x
    wow my friend bought a bass that looks the same but its an ltd.....he says it sounds great but i have yet to hear it
    HardAsButter
    and I have a gibson Les Paul Studio and it has nothing on schecters. I guess if you're of an older generation you might think that gibson is god....but they're kinda old news now. Give rise to the new generation of guitars. Gibson, however, can be set up pretty good but still doesn't cross the genre borders as well as schecter has. Gibson may play descent metal but schecter is by far one of the best for metal and hard rock. Get one now. Before gibson tries to blow up the schecter factory becuase they're jealous of the awesomeness that is Schecter and stuff.
    George710
    I'll definately be ordering one of these puppies as soon as my credit card has room on it
    schecter ftw
    I was thinking about getting a Les Paul Standard, but now I saw this I'm going get it and use the extra money to get a better amp.
    the agony scene
    this guitar is a dreamboat just buy it as a ornament i could stare into the finish for days (black cherry )
    jam_shahzeb
    ok, im confused... Jackson DKMG Dinky OR Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR? Please help me out here... I need suggestions!
    jam_shahzeb
    and the recent Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR has the EMG 81TW - bridge & EMG 89 - neck
    GuitarPlayer716
    I agree with Leonheart. If you want passive pickups, Schecter makes similar models for cheaper with passives. xAvengerx, if I were you I'd look into the Omen 6.
    TheCarl88
    What's with all the guitar bashing? If your prefernce is a $5000 Gibson over a cheaper schecter than so be it, it's your money, but this guitar is actually well constructed and solid, I just don't like the neck. When a guitar reaches a certain price and quality it's only preference that sets them apart and the guitarist playing it. Sure the Les Paul is a good american made guitar, but think of the money, you could buy 2 good quality schecters. So all of you wannabe guitar elitists should really shut up. FYI I play Jackson and Fender, they're my preference over anything.
    ibikinz
    Zypher77 wrote:
    Agreed, i have never played this guitar ever, or any other type of Schecter but it looks nice i'm sure it rocks.
    puny69
    I got this guitar as a present and it really rocked. I got it for $1799au
    ibanez-bitch
    mp3stalin
    topic summery: "lolz my cousin zacky vengegance has one" "lolz syn uses one not zacky" "lolz syn uses a les paul to record" "GIBSON IS THE SUCKZORZ!" "SCHECTER IS THE SUCKZORZ!" "lolz screw you guys im gonna actually comment on the guitar"
    ChemyVamp
    ^ lol @ poster above I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000! I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000 I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000 I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000 I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000 I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000 I"LL RATHER HAVE A QUALITY SCHECTER MADE BY KOREANS FOR UNDER $1000 THAN A PIECE OF CRAP GIBSON MADE BY MEXICANS FOR $100000
    oh i see you ****ing racist
    SeventhSkull
    Seth Shadows
    butthouse337 wrote: p.s. before a7x was endorsed by schecter they were playing gibson les pauls. most of u are lame and wouldn't know that cuz u don't know anything about a band until mtv tells u their the new thing.
    Lol. No, they sometimes used les pauls. Synyster more commonly used Crafter's older style metal axes.
    Leonheart
    ^Of course you can. Though if you were going to do that you should probably look at a different guitar instead of buying the EMG's and not using them.
    Gr1nd1ng_Scales
    LazyLatinoRocke
    Gr1nd1ng_Scales wrote: I got this guitar for christmas, and it is such an amazing guitar. i play it through a line 6 spider 3 amp(120 watt) and its beautiful. the action is amazing and i love how you can just put the 9v battery in the back, instead of taking out the pickups. my favorite guitar.
    lucky soab
    LazyLatinoRocke
    fagelamusgtr
    I couldn't decide between this and a washburn X40 Pro. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna go with the hellraiser now. This thing looks sick!
    GuitarPlayer716
    Butthead: hey *****, I love Zakk Wylde as much as the next guy. But the EMG 81/85 set was used by Kirk Hammet before it was used by Zakk. And Kirk plays ESP's, which by the way, is made in KOREA.
    StratusX
    LazyLatinoRocke wrote: ibanez-bitch wrote: Why in gods name is this guitar $2,149 over here in Australia!!!!! I'm going to have to sell some body parts to pay for this beast... and by the way, one last thing.....can you get this thing in white?????no
    yes, actually, you can. in all the advertisements for the 08 hellraisers (with the 81/89 setup) they show a white one too
    Evergrey
    I heard that these are made in China these days? Is it true? Who has made the FR? Does anyone have C-1 Hellraiser FR that doesnt stay in tune? Im going to buy new axe but dont know yet wich one C-1 Hellraiser FR or BC RICH NJ WARLOCK DELUXE Any ideas?