C-1 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser FR

Purchased from: zZounds.com

I bought this guitar for one purpose, metal. It sounds very good for that, I am playing through a Hughes & Kettner Switchblade. It has a darker sound to it due to the mahogany, but it is very clear. The cleans aren't the greatest, but actives aren't really known to be great for cleans, but you can get a very nice clean with the neck pickup coil tapped, and the volume rolled back a touch. It has a very amazing metal tone.

For metal, this is an amazing guitar. I've been playing for 8 years or so now, and this has rounded out my guitar collection even further. I am completely satisfied with this guitar. I would replace this guitar in a heartbeat. I was looking at ESPs, Jackons, Ibanezs, all the typical metal guitars, but this one had the specs I was looking for at a price you can't beat. I still can't believe how much they charge for it, it looks and plays like it should cost twice as much. Only thing I wish it came with was a case. After this I am a lifelong Schecter guy, they seem to really care about quality and affordable prices.

This guitar is built extremely well. They really didn't skimp on anything with this guitar. I wouldn't bring it without a backup only due to the fact that it is a floyd and if you break a string on it it'll take a little bit to change. Finish seems pretty flawless. The abalone bindings really make the finish pop. My friends were awestruck when they saw it for the first time.

The guitar was set up very nicely. I could not find any flaws in it. I got mine in black cherry finish. Transparent over a quilted maple top, The neck is not a really super thin neck, but I like my neck a bit thicker so this was perfect. It plays like a dream, very smooth. The floyd was set up perfectly. The neck heel is shaped into a very nice contour, it makes getting to those upper frets an absolute breeze.

Brand New 2008 model. These are made in Korea and set up in USA. 24 frets, 25.5" scale length. Mahogany body, with quilted maple top, mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard. Very nice abalone binding and abalone cross inlays. A Strat style body shape. Original Floyd Rose bridge, EMG 81TW and EMG 85TW. It has two volume controls, one for each pickup, and one tone control which controls both. The volume knobs are push/pull allowing for coil splitting the EMGs. A three way Switch, similar to a Strat style Switch, as opposed to Les Paul. Grover tuners. Included are the tools for the setup of the guitar and floyd. I have the black cherry finish, which is transparent. An 8, would have been a 10 if they included a case.

Hakael
    Evergrey wrote: I heard that these are made in China these days? Is it true? Who has made the FR? Does anyone have C-1 Hellraiser FR that doesnt stay in tune? Im going to buy new axe but dont know yet wich one C-1 Hellraiser FR or BC RICH NJ WARLOCK DELUXE Any ideas?
    All Diamond Series Schecters are made in South Korea, then sent to a U.S. facility for final QC and setup. The Floyd Rose is an Original, not Licensed. Definitely an awesome guitar!
    hendris
    I'm not gonna go around bashing guitars because frankly, I have only been playong guitar for two years and I don't know that much about guitars to make judgements about an individual brand. I personally own an SG which I absolutely love but this guitar looks absolutely amazing. Guitar is more about personal preference, it's like comparing music (which is opinion so all the people bashing A7x should just shut up). Both schecters and gibsons are both good guitars in my experience with them. I've seen Gibsons made so I know that they individually sculpt each neck to fit to the body, I think most of the assembly is done by hand which adds to the price but whatever. And by the way Les Pauls cost around $1200 for the studio (thats directly from Guitar Center website) not $5000 which really shows how much you guys know about guitars. They are both good guitars, let it go.
    Thread_of_Light
    I went into my local guitar shop with the intent of purchasing a new guitar. The night before, I was reading about schecter's and the hellraiser (non FR) was one that really caught my eye. I wasn't expecting it to be in the store, because it's in extreme demand right now, apparently. I asked the clerk if they had the hellraiser in stock, and to my surprise it was right behind me haha! It wasn't the non FR, but this one. I've never been fond of Tremelo systems, because quite frankly, I never use them... Until now! I sat down and played it (Black Cherry, by the way) through a Line 6 SpiderValve. This is no ordinary Line 6 piece of garbage, either. Look it up before passing judgement, please. I was blown away by the sound, feel, and overall worksmanship of the guitar that after about a half hour of playing it, I bought it right then and there. If you can find this guitar, I would highly recommend it.
    SOUPerman432321
    i want one of these so badly im gonna get the one without the floyd rose my esp has a floyd rose and i want at least a little bit of variety