C-1 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser FR

Purchased from: Online merchant

I play death metal, and I plug this guitar in and tone rages through my ears. The distortion this thing can unleash is crushing. Not only that, but it puts out one of the fullest cleans I've heard in a guitar before. One of the best guitars money buys. It can put out warm cleans, and full distortions. A champion of music through and through. I've played it on everything from Line 6 to Mesa triple rec's and have yet to be disapointed. If your wondering if it's noisy because of the active pickups you can rest easy. The only excess noise you will ever hear will be tube hum. As far as variety of sounds it's set. Devestating distortion are clearly there is there more you ask, so you want to put out warm, full cleans this guitar does them. What about blues and rock, does that too. The EMG's are set up so that any sound is attainable with the right pickup selection.

Overall impression is this. If you have thought of buying this guitar then stop thinking and buy it. Killer looks, killer sounds, killer features, triple homicide. No matter the style of play, so you don't play death metal Who cares, I can find any tone with this guitar. I have been playing several years and can honestly say that this is the best guitar I have ever played, and I have a 35 year old les paul. I love that guitar, but the sounds I can make with this one have made it retire. Cleans, heavies, lows, highs it's got it all in spades. If I had to think of one word for this guitar it would be quality.

Had this guitar for well over a year, and it is still thumping. This thing is as prestine as the day I got it. Fortress of tone period. Good solid hard ware that will last.

The action was set up well from the get go. The fact that if you don't like the action, or just want to change string gauges, and tunings all it takes is some Floyd Rose adjustments and you have your own custom fit and feel what more do you need. I have had no need to adjust the pickups they were expertly set up at the shop. This guitar was ready out of the box.

My Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR was made in Korea and set up in Schecter's Cali workshop. With a Set-Neck, that's 25 1/2 inches with Ultra-access cut away you can hit some serious highs. With a body that's mahogany, and a neck that's a 3 peice mahogany, rosewood fretboard combo it practically bleeds tone. The finish is a beautiful black cherry quilted maple top with abalone binding. Bodystyle is a Schecter cutaway, not a Strat, period. The bridge is a Original Floyd Rose tremlo that does stay in tune, so dive-bomb away fellow shredders. It has active EMG 81/85 pickups, that dish out huge tone. As far as controls it's a 3-way vol/vol/tone which is fitting of the pickups. As I have said before EMG active 81/85's that are in a soap-bar style, also fitting I think. The quality of the tuners is just that quality, as in grover locking tuners, add the fact that it has a Floyd Rose LOCKING tremlo and you have one Schecter that refuses to go out of tune. Lastly I picked up the Shecter hardshell case to go along with the guitar, and the case has slots for tools a strap and a spare compartment.

the agony scene
    sirgaz88 wrote: this guitar is f***in sweet. there's one in my local music shop but they've taken off the emgs and ofr and put in duncan designs and a licensed fl (WHY???!!!). The guitars still cool though, looks really nice. the neck is a nice shape and the cutaway is really good for reaching the lower frets.it feels kinda heavy though.I've been playing for six months and im beginning to save up for my first 'proper' guitar instead of shitty no name bolt on necks. I think this is the one.not sure of a fl or non fl model though.im not sure of what colour either coz i duno why, but i think the black cherry looks like sum old guys jazz guitar.have to see one up close first though
    fairly sure your talking about the damien special FR because no music shop would do what you said if the guitar was being sold as new