C-1 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser FR

I love the sound. The Pups, EMGs, are not like regular EMGs. They are not the typical 81/85 config. These are more smooth and defined, and clean. They do lack the classic EMG edge, but it depends on what you are looking for. It is not strictly metal, but I would say that the sound is meant for smooth distortion.

I play a wide variety of melodic music requiring distortion. I am a rock/metal guitarist in terms of technique. I have been playing for 1 year and a half self tought and practicing everyday. I do like this guitar but I should have spent more time comparing it. If it were stolen or lost (how? ) I would not buy this guitar again. I would see what else I could get for the money. I love the Floyd Rose. I wish the pups were more adaptable. As I said I compared it to Jacksons and other guitars, but this guitar really is a high end guitar with a mid end price tag, so it was impossible to compare it properly it was just simply... better.

The hardware will last. Some screws allready rusted. I have dented it twice allready and am very annoyed about that. Aside from that It seems OK. I reckon it will do good for some time. It all seems reliable and durable. It will withstand Live playing I am sure, allthough I should metion that it is quite heavy.

Action was extreamly low and without fret buzz. I was very pleased with the action. I had to change the strings to regular Ernie Balls. Everything seemed in place except for a slight defect that seems to be on most hellraisers at the point of the locking nut near the headstock.

Yo. This is the new Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR 2007/8 models I belive. It was made in Korea and has been set-up in the USA. As someone from Great Britain I came to the USA and decided to purchace the guitar I had been saving up for so long for, over there. I compared this to some mid-end jacksons and this killed them all. It was abour $200 more but worth it. It has a set neck and an ORIGINAL Floyd Rose (a key reason why I bought it). It has a beautiful finish too. it's a kind of Strat shape but more similar to a PRS. The new EMGs 81TW and 89 were very different to the old 81 and 85 set up. I found that the older version was more metal and gritty whereas the newer model was more smooth. It's two volume, one tone and a 3-way Switch. Grover tuners.

supertzar85
    What size strings come stock on these? Just curious to know since im going to get it and dont want to change string sizes accidently and mess up the floyd.
    t.ev
    dont listen to the naysayers: i bought mine a few days ago: I LOVE IT. good tone, love the neck its not THAT terrible to tune/restring. i broke a string two days ago and watched one youtube vid on how to restring it and i got the string back in right quick. tuning it is kind of a bitch but theres a knack to it i def recommend it
    Goldenfire88
    i went to guitar center and compared this with the ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe. I played the ESP first and thought it was great. Then i picked up the Hellraiser and was utterly blown away. I played it on some peavy amp and through a boss metalcore and it was perfect. There was extremely little to no noise at all. I fell in love with it. the finish is great. I thought it killed the ESP. Not to mention it is cheaper XD
    Synyster915
    Which guitar would you all say is better: this one, or the Avenger Hellraiser FR?
    Segno
    So yeah... similar problem like the Dinky vs this Hellraiser... Except I'm considering the Black Jack ATX C1FR... Only turn off is the inlay. Which is better? The Black Jack has the SD Active Blackouts but this one's got EMG's... both are FR models... help! Lol
    Segno
    Similar comment to those unsure of this guitar over another... Except they're: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (of course) Schecter Black Jack ATX C1FR (only turn off is the inlay) Lil help?
    metalmaniac108
    supertzar85 wrote: jam_shahzeb wrote: ok, im confused... Jackson DKMG Dinky OR Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR? Please help me out here... I need suggestions! Same problem!
    Freaky shit man, i'm looking at the DKMGT or the c1 without floyd though. 3 people so far looking at the same guitars
    Waltron427
    These things r amazing! trust me! im p/o @ gibson now tht ive played 1 of theese! 1 question though. does any1 prefer the V-shaped one over this one?
    olheiser01
    I really dont like the new emgs on these things at all. I got it and it didnt have that same attack so i returned it for the original 81/85. there is a difference in sound so take that into consideration if your getting this guitar.
    D Gates
    i got the C! Hellraiser with the pull coil, but now i want this guitar also lol, mainly because of the trem on it...
    silvadolla
    supertzar, I believe mine came with D'Addario 10-46s stock, not positive though, I was looking for the same information when buying, too.
    prunejuiceman74
    Btw, you can now get it in white, just for those who wanted it. Though, black and Cherry look the best.
    silvadolla
    I've got ordered one of the 2008 Sunset Hellraiser models with FR and EMGs for 599.99 from zzounds, cant wait to get my hands on it!
    soadquake981
    I got mine for $684.99 from Guitar Center. I know it's not the usual price but I got it brand new, no defects. I just used their price matching policy
    Same problem!
    supertzar85
    Is the 81 TW emg in the humbucker position provide the same out put as a regular emg 81? I'm down to this hellraiser and the jackson dkmg..I'm worried about the emg 81 tw on the HR being weaker than the classic 81 and the licensed FR on the jackson being crappy. Any advice on which way to go or opinions on the 81 tw in comparison to the regular 81?
    Shredoftheday
    Should I buy this guitar or a Jackson DK2M You know what's ironic; they're nearly exactly opposite of each other.
    Daryis
    Anyone who wants to bash this guitar clearly hasn't played it. Overall dispite the look this guitar is the most versatile as far as tone is concerned guitar I have ever played. Now I'm not claiming myself a guitar expert. The active EMGs make this thing loud as snot just make sure your battery is new or charged cause if that gives out and you're playing you drop off the soundboard. Although whoever wants to bash this guitar should be shot. Who cares where it comes from just as long as its good quality and at a good price which this is. It's a solid piece of Mahogany which makes this thing a tank. Although I have recently noticed a bit about the tone quality while playing harder rock to metal type of music. On the treble pickup with the tone pot on 10 it seems a bit to bright and hollow definatly not a good sound for metal and on the bass pickup it sounds a bit to muddy. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem or if i'm just really picky about tone. But I found that just rolling back the tone a little to 7-8 for rythm playing and just a flick of my wrist to 10 for lead playing. Overall though for both styles either rythm or lead this guitar sounds great. I would recomend this guitar to any player because of the versatility of it and because of the quality. Two thumbs up!!