C-1 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser FR

I mainly play metal, but I venture out into the world of classic rock and even blues on occasion. This guitar is undoubtedly suited for metal, but with correct use of the push/pull coils, you would be surprised what you can create without even touching the amp! Due to the mahogany body and neck, the guitar has somewhat of a deep sound, similar to a les paul style guitar, but weighs much less. The EMG's keep the noise from high gain settings to a minimum, although still noticeable when the amp is really cranked.

I play metal (about 1 year 7 months so far)and also own an Epiphone les paul standard, Fender mexican strat, and a Marshall mg100 hdfx half stack. With emg's and a floyd, this guitar was the perfect match. I looked into ESP's, specifically the ESP LTD MH-1000 Deluxe model, but this guitar had a nicer quilted top, push/pull coils, and better inlays all for about 50 dollars more; and to make it even better, I got it on sale (150 bucks off the Guitar Center lowest price)which essentially made it cheaper than the ESP. If it were lost, I'd buy it again ASAP. I love the emg's and the floyd rose. I am a 100 percent fully satisfied customer and Schecter has outdone themselves with this incredible and versatile guitar.

It is a great guitar that can and will withstand live playing, although only a fool would play without a backup, especially since this has a Floyd Rose system. The finish seems pretty solid and looks great. Hardware seems well made and built to last. The strap buttons seem to be solid, but I should invest in some strap locks soon (better safe than sorry).I've had it for about a month now and it has withstood bedroom playing and a gig so far.

When I got this guitar from Guitar Center, it was the floor model. So it obviously needed some work. Action was a little high for my taste and the neck needed a truss rod adjustment, as well as a string change. Once all is said and done, it plays like a dream. Just beware of fingerprints, as they tend to be noticeable, but its nothing a microfiber cloth can't fix.

Crafted in South Korea, 24 frets (25.5 scale) with a rosewood fretboard and impressive Gothic cross style inlays. It has a 3 piece neck made of mahogany with the body made of the same material. Beautiful quilted top (mine puts the display pictures to shame) and has a Floyd Rose original tremolo system with active EMG's. Don't be intimidated by the floyd rose, once you change strings for the first time, it gets increasingly easier.. so no worries. 2 volume 1 tone and a 3 way selector Switch with the push/pull coil taps in the volume pots.

prunejuiceman74
    TMFSG wrote: I think this'll be my next axe. I found a nice green one over here in Japan, haven't seen that finish online. Hopefully its still in the store in a couple months.
    The green is a limited edition color. They are making the devil in green as well for a short while
    Conman197
    right now I have an Epiphone SG but I play a lot of Slayer and Metallica and thrash stuff. Would this axe make a big difference?
    jonny slickhead
    i have this guitar and whats some ideas and stuff for putting 12 or gage d addario strings is that a good idea for drop c