C-1 Hellraiser Special review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Hellraiser Special

Price paid: € 779

Purchased from: Musik Produktiv

The sound is perfect for metal, anyone who ever heard the EMG active Pickups knows what I mean. You can play really fast and the tones are still very well defined + it also has very nice and long sustain. It's also awesome for pinch harmonics. Just any metal stuff is perfect for this guitar, especially if you get it adjusted to a low action, what makes the sound more percussive and makes it even easier to play fast as hell. I'm playing it in standard D and sometimes Drop C and it's very nice for the lower tones. If you want more variety to the sound (e.g. Play Jazz) you will maybe want its bigger brother, because of the splittable Humbuckers.

I'm playing for about 8 months now and I love metal, especially Death metal. For this kind of music the guitar is perfect. Mahagony Body, EMG pickups, 24 Jumbo Frets fit the genre well. I'm playing on overall low gear (Roland Cube 15 and a low-cost multieffect-pedal) and it still sounds totally awesome. If I lived again, I would totally buy this guitar a second time.

I don't have it for very long, but I played it for 2-4 hours a day since the 23.12. And it still looks like it looked when I bought it. The guitar keeps in tune and seems to be solid and I think and hope it will last for a very long time. Btw. I have bought the model they had in the shop for testing and it's flawless, but don't know how long it have been there.

I have bought it in Musik Produktiv in Ibbenbren. You get free Setup there, so everything was adjusted perfectly for my needs. It was adjusted to a very low action. Because of that I really need some Distortion for a good sound, but on the other hand, it's very easy to play fast. I can really recommend getting a low action. It's sweet for metal.

The C-1 Hellraiser Special is the little brother of the Hellraiser. It offers: - Modern Strat form - Colour: Black Cherry - 24 Jumbo Frets - Mahagony Body - EMG 81/85 active Pickups on neck/bridge - 25.5" scale - Strings through body - TOM-Bridge (you can get it with FR too, I think) - Perloid Dagger inlays.

HarvesterofPain
    lintons44 wrote: @COREYTAYLOR721 dude just cause hes got shit gear apart from the actual guitar (which is pretty damm awesome though ive got a FR trem on mine), doesnt mean the reviewer isn't a good player. my mate got absolute shit gear but completly outplays me in everyway [possible
    I think all he's getting at is that it's hard to write an accurate review for a guitar(particularly with active pickups) through a modelling practice amp. Anyways, I do enjoy playing on Schecter guitars, the necks feel great. I sold my old one off because I hated/had no use for a trem bridge, but I'd definitely invest in a TOM bridge Hellraiser. My only complaint is that I found mine to be extremely heavy. I mean, I play Les Pauls almost exclusively and never understood why people call their weight "heavy". This was significantly heavier than my LP. Still not a big deal at all(suck it up), but just an observation.
    cdsnzeevnaja
    Davearia
    Bought mine 3 months ago and I love it. No tremolo is a bonus for me. What I wanted was a 24 fret strat with a fixed bridge and EMGs and this fits the bill perfectly. Got mine as ex display not a mark on it for 490. Absolute bargain.
    lintons44
    PG-Noob
    HarvesterofPain wrote: My only complaint is that I found mine to be extremely heavy.
    Oh really? I was used to my Ibanez Gio 170 and I did not notice any more heaviness... But maybe thats more of a personal issue. Anyway I would buy no guitar without holding it in my hands and testing it before.
    PG-Noob
    cdsnzeevnaja wrote: Just incase anyone missed it, this guitar is perfect for metal, yes? Again, to be clear, just so we have no doubts, you know, all above table, Perfect For Metal!!
    Damn it dude, I just wrote over it again and I really said that in every second sentence ... But that's maybe the most important thing to know about this guitar
    COREYTAYLOR721
    u r playing this through a roland cube....o well but why don't u get a little better i will sell u my frontman 212. what u say? lol.
    givemeajackson
    i tried one, and this is probably my next guitar. pretty cheap, well built, comfortable neck, perfect heel, good wood choice and all the specs i need. i just need to kick out those emg's, then i'm fine. probably for dimazios or a set of duncans. i just dont like actives.