C-1 Lady Luck Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 02/13/2009 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Schecter: C-1 Lady Luck
With a set Mahogany neck with Rosewood fingerboard and Mahogany body loaded with Schecter Alnico Plus Pickups, anyone will admit that this guitar doesn't just sound good; it looks good, too.
 9.7
 9.6
 9.8
 9,340
review (1) pictures (1) 25 comments vote for this gear:
C-1 Lady Luck Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 13, 2009

Features: Made in south Korea but you would probably think it's a USA model if you didn't know any better, 24 jumbo(I think)frets, set neck but it's carved out like a neck through, the finish on it is awesome(a flat red it looks really sick in person) it's got a tom bridge with a string through body, 2 passive Schecter humbucking pickups which are really hot and pretty good for the stock ones I probably wont change them(everything sounds good through my Peavey classic 50 though) it's got 2 volume and one tone and the tone is a push pull coil tap which taps both pickups non locking Schecter tuners(it stays in tune really well, oh and all the hardware is finished in a distressed chrome which looks really bad ass, it has a finish line girl inlay at the 12th fret and some pin striping and two dice on the headstock. // 9

Sound: It works great for metal, the pickups rival my les Paul with emgs for grabbing pinch harmonics. The coil taps make it pretty versatile though I went from a Killswitch Engage song to a jimi hendrix song and it pulled it off pretty good. I'm using it with a Peavey classic 50 all tube amp, with a Boss ns2 noise reduction and a DigiTech Grunge pedal, or just the amps distortion for less metal sounds and it really just sounds good with pretty much whatever I do to it, it is quickly becoming my favorite guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up absolutely perfect from the factory I just picked it up and started playing I checked it over pretty good and it's perfectly put together, I think my favorite thing about this guitar is that the flat red finish continues on the back of the neck and it just makes the neck feel buttery smooth. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing just has a good sturdy feel to it, it's one of those guitars you can tell your gonna have for a long time, as far as the finish goes I'm pretty careful with my guitars and it seems pretty thisck so I don't think anything is going to Hurt it, but it would probably look cooler with a scratches or wear marks in it to be honest, I would use it on a gig with no back up definitely. // 10

Overall Impression: the guitar just puts out an awesome vibe, even in The Music store it just caught almost every persons attention that walked by it, I probably saw 20 people play it in the course of about 20 minutes so I thought man I gotta check this bad boy out, and I'm glad I did because it's one kick ass guitar. // 10

Comments