C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

I play lead, and this guitar can pump out a beautiful solo. My amp has 32 amp models, normally I stick, with Line 6 clean (which is no doubt a clean undistorted sound) with a pinch of reverb and quarter-second delay. It has a rich , bright sound right at first but it smoothes out making a great noise. maybe its my style of playing, but it very good(4), even compared to my friends Gibson. Since it has the 3-way Switch and the dist. knob, it is very easy to Switch in and out of up to 6 sounds without missing a beat.

I generally play metallic solos, reverbious solos. I love the sound of a pretty solo. And this guitar can do them amazingly. I have been playing guitar for 6 years, but only started truly playing about a year and a half. I also own a POS Hamar Slammer, but its an antique and I really can't rip on it because it is in pretty good shape for being six years old. I got a job at Magic mountain with the intent of buying thes exact guitar. Of course I did my homework on finding just the right guitar for me in the $500-$700 range. Can't say this guitar has any negative qualities. I would suggest this Strat to those who like high-line schecters. It isn't a $1500 Gibson, but it performs better then the 600$ Gibson that I compared it to. It really depends on what kind of guitar you are looking for. You can't just check the rating and know this guitar is for you. Which makes these ratings kind of pointless because a guitar is a very personal and opinionated thing.

This guitar can and does withstand live playing. I have been playing this guitar for one month for about 2-3 hours a day and nothing has come close to wearing or tearing. I am in love with this finish and no matter how many times I hit the fretboard or the frets, nothing ever looks out of shape. This guitar is alos very comfortable to play standing up or sitting. But that is the way of the Strat, not just this guitar.

I bought this guitar right as the shipment came into guitar center in Shermann Oaks, CA. So I got it straight formt eh box without even a finger-print. I was very pleased, and there were no tracings of marks, dents, scratches or any other surface damages. Everything came in order, no loose screws or anything.

My Schecter C-1 Plus(+) is a 2003 model straight from the box. 24 frets, set neck, volume, distortion knob, and mild tuning knob, 3-way selector, yadda, yadda. All the essentials a a little more. Mahagony wood, mine is a Vintage sunburst (gorgeous I must say). Jumbo frets, maple or rosewood scale, not sure which. I was a little un-imprerssed that it did not come with a bag, but I threatened to not buy it and I got a free gig bag, but not a free case. I think it could have come with a few more extra additions, but the guiatr alone has everything a guitar alone needs. But you don't get anything but the guitar.