C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

Purchased from: Extreme Music in Sydney

The first thing I noticed about the sound is that there is no back ground noise. I've been playing a cheap 500 dollar Yamaha for the last 6 years and I'm so used to having to mute the strings to stop annoying buzzes and the like, this guitar is pure luxury to a person like myself. I generally just hook the guitar up through boss effects and I can safely say that under both high gain (distorted) or pure tones (clean) this guitar handles very well. Personally I prefer to play rock/metal and it suits me just fine. But alone in my room it also handles the blues very well also. My only dislike would be that my fingers aren't thin and so holding down the 24th fret on the high e string can be difficult if you are playing a flurry of notes (ala John Petrucci). For clean I recommend the neck pick up config. For rock either the middle or bridge config.

I'm 21 years old and I have been playing lead guitar for about 9 years... I have always been kind of poor and so I have never owned really nice guitars until this one. I am really impressed by this guitar, in my opinion it is the quality of a $3000 dollar prs in a $1000 dollar guitar. A lot of times your paying for the name of a guitar, I truelly believe every dollar I spent on this guitar was used in building it. For young neo metal guitar players or even veteren rock and roll'ars I would recommend this guitar.

I've only had this guitar 1 month but so far everything is really sturdy, I even do the Tom Morello pick up toggle trick really fast, and the toggle Switch hasn't degraded a bit!... If your a morello wanna be this is a great guitar. Playing live I always keep my Yamaha as a back up, but as yet I haven't needed to fall back on it cuz this Schecter is durable as hell. Plus it's really hard to scratch (although I wouldn't make it my ambition to scratch it in the first place).

There's not much to say here...it plays nicely, looks beautiful. From the binding to the mahogony body and neck it's really quite a treat to play. Much easier than my old guitar and any of my friends expensive fenders...personally I think a 3000 dollar Fender wouldn't be this easy to play.

Ok guys, let me first start by saying this guitar is amazzzzing value. It is a guitar of class, so much thought has been put into every part of this guitar by its designers/manufacturers (who by the way are also the makers of ESP). From the positioning of the two volume, tone, and pick up selector Switch to avoid being hit when playing hard, to the contours of hte body which rest nicely into your body there is not one thing I would make a big fuss over. Unfortunately it does lack a tremelo system, which seems to be a growing trend these days... and although I wanted a guitar with a floyd rose I really couldn't go past this guitar because it just looks so good in real life. BUY IT AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS WITH 3000 DOLLAR GIBSONS AND PRS's WILL BE JEALOUS! Don't let the fact that the pick ups are ducan designed and not offical semour duncans put you off, the tone is warm and bright, and the sustain equals that of a much more expensive guitar. To top it all off, the fret inlays look really cool. For a quality 24 fret guitar under $1200 you can't really go past this beast. Also, my guitar dealer gave me a nice hard case to go with it for the sale price of the guitar, it's shaped to the shape of the guitar and its really cool looking.