C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play Metal, Rock, Classic Rock, and some Blues. Don't let the pickups fool you, they give you great versatility. You can get a good tone to play almost anything, you just have to play with which pickups to use. I dont use any pedals or effects, it goes straight to my amp, and it fires on all levels. Clean, Distorted, Overdrive, anything goes. My only dislike is that you cant really get very good harmonics, but the versatility makes up for it.

I play a wide range of tones and this guitar meets all of them. Ive been playing for 5 years, and have had this one for a little over 2 years and I'm not looking to purchase a replacement any time soon. The Value Is Incredable! The only shame is that there aren't a whole lot of Schecter Dealers, but with guitars like this, they will spread. If you have an opportunity to get your hands on of these, don't pass it up. If it were lost, I'd get another. They were redesigned for 2003. I haven't played an 03, but I'm sure it can only get better. I love the look, I love the sounds, I Love This Thing Baby!! This thing goes beyond Ibanez and competes with all ESPs. I was looking at this guitar, an ESP H-400, EX-350, Epi Les Paul, and a Fender Strat when I was in the market, and I don't regret my choice a bit.

No flaws when I got it, still no flaws, and its played heavily. This thing has gone through several gigs and it shows no sign of letting up. The beautiful finish is still just as bright and glossy once you wipe off the sweat. Strap buttons are great, never had a problem. I can always depend on this guitar, I always will. I have used this guitar without a backup, but lets be for real. If you can play with a back up, DO IT!! You never know when a string will snap or something crazy like that.

This guitar is a neck-thru design, the pickups are a little high, but that hasn't been a problem at all. It plays great, I use .11-.52 strings on it and it still has nice action. And with Regular Slinkys... the action is as good as any Fender or Gibson that you would pay 200-1500 dollars more for.

This is a 2002 Schecter C1+. I've had this guitar for a little over 2 years. It has 24 frets with Duncan Designed Pickups with an amazing finish and sweet inlays. The 24 extra jumbo frets are a great fit. The finish is a beautiful flamed maple see thru black cherry. String thru body with a tail piece. If you want some Floyd Rose, Schecter used to make C1+ model with one.