C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

Purchased from: Local guitar shop

The C1-Plus will play all different styles of music. From my research, Schecter peddles more to the hard rock genre but with the coil tap and setting it to the neck humbucker (which actually means the coil tab is playing as a single coil pickup, like a Stratocaster), you can get the nice sound of blues coming from your guitar. Obviously the amp affects the sound but the guitar can scream, give you the full rich sound and Switch over to the bright jazzy sound. A lot of versatility, great reason to buy this guitar.

Let me put this out there because, if you have not bought this guitar yet and are reading these reviews on Ultimate-guitar trying to decide if you should buy, I'll share my experience with you. Right now, it is December 28th, 2006. I started searching for a guitar two months ago at the end of October 06/beginning of November. I was going to go with a Stratocaster until I heard about the Schecter brand. With the coil tap (which I've already talked about to great length) you can sound like a Stratocaster and then switch over to a heavy metal/hard rock sound. Exactly one month ago, I was on this very review page, soaking up the other reviews for this guitar and trying to see if I should buy a C1-Plus. Take what everyone says with a grain of salt. Some guitars have defects that are not common through a whole brand (like a guy Who says his doesn't hold tune very well.) I'm not attacking him, simply stating it is possible for any guitar to have a mistake on it. So while someone's guitar of the same brand might have a loose cable input, that doesn't mean yours will. After reading the positive reviews from Ultimate-guitar on the Schecter C1-Plus, I went to the Schecter guitars website, found a local dealer, and ordered the C1-Plus (after extensively grilling the owner about the guitar. This was not a purchase that I took lightly if you can't already tell). It is a great guitar for any level of guitar playing. I am so happy that I ordered this guitar, it is a great purchase. For any style of music, it is a good match. I would have to buy this guitar again if it were stolen. I love everything about it, do not hate a thing, it is honestly the best electric I've ever owned. I chose this guitar because of it's versatility to be able to Switch from blues to metal with the flick of a Switch (literally), positive reviews from this website, and many people telling me they liked the Schecter brand.

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing, will definitely last, strap buttons are solid, I would gig without a backup (also because it's my only electric now lol). Finish is good to last. If you buy this guitar you will have it for many years to come.

Honestly, everything about this guitar is great. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on all of this but I have had no problems-only thing is, if you are really tough on the finish without a pickguard, you might need to make a custom one for your C1-Plus or keep a good stock of polish available because it does not have a pickguard. No problem for me as I am not the type to force the pick down like that. Only on my acoustic.

Made in Korea, 2006, 24 jumbo frets, maple neck, mahogany body, flamed top (black cherry which is one of the coolest finishes Schecter makes), two volume, 1 tone, and the coil tap that controls the humbucker farthest away from the neck for a more metal sound. Duncan pickups (always good, comes Standard with the guitar). Grover tuners (very nice, I did read what other people said about not holding tune but mine seems to hold just fine). When shipped, my guitar came with tools and a cable. Here's the thing about the coil tap- basically, the third volume control is the coil tap on the guitar. By pulling it, you make the guitar play like a single coil pickup. If you push it down, it turns into humbucking. So the difference can be exemplified as a [single coil on coil tap] jazz/blues sound vs. (humbucking, coil tab pushed down) hard rock/metal sound. This was one of the main reasons I purchased the C1-Plus. Also, I read on a here that someone's guitar was factory tested or soemthing. Mine also had the sticker on the back that is signed in Sharpie saying that it was indeed played and tested before being shipped. Since Schecter is a smaller guitar company, I think they can afford this time more than other brands can.