C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

Purchased from: Roseville Music Center

I play a wide variety of music from cleans/idnie to heavy metalcore/hardcore and everyhting in between and this guitar is very versital. The pickups do the job, especally if your a versital player. I currently use a crappy amp but I've played this thing through both a Spider 2 and a Peavey 5150 and the guitar sounded great. I'm a fan of string-thru guitars and the sound they produce, and this guitar produces it wonderfully. I'd rather see some EMG pups in it, which I plan on changing eventually, but these Duncan Design pups are not bad like I was afraid they'd be.

It earns a 10 just because it's a great bang for the buck. I was playing a lot of 800 dollar guitars and then I happened to try this thing out and it was just heaven. It has the feel of a more expensive guitar. You don't get great pickups, but with the extra money I saved I plan on buying myself some. It's great for almost any style of music you like with the pickups that come with it, and you can put your own pups in if you aren't happy with the ones you have now and it's an amazing guitar. I've been playing for a year and was in dire need of a new guitar, and I couldn't be happier with the choice I made in buying a Schecter C1 Plus.

This thing is bulit like a tank. I would trust it, but only keep a backup incase I snap a string (although I havne't done it with this guitar), but it's filled with great equipment. The strap buttons weren't super, but I replaced them with duncan strap locks and haven't had an issue at all.

The guitar was set up great. Flawless finish. My only problem was a scratch on the plastic plate covering the electronics in the back. The shop guy said I could replace that for 10 bucks but I didn't and I don't really have a problem with it. The guitar feels like it's worth a thousand bucks, honestly. It felt a lot nicer then 800 dollar ESP, Ibanez, or Jacksons I've played. This guitar just felt perfect in my hand. Flawless Korean manufacturing. I only had one issue and this was with the tone-pros bridge (and the only reason I didn't give it a 10). When I got the guitar I immedialty installed Erine Ball Power Purples, and not to long after playing the top string kept on falling off the bridge. It was a simple fix however, just filed the little groove where your string is supposed to lay and I haven't had any problesm with it since.

This is a 2005 Korean made Schecter C1 Plus. It's a mahogony body with a Flame Maple top, very light-weight. It's a rosewood/mahgony 3pc 24.75" scale neck with 24 frets. It contains two passive Duncan Desigh HB-102 pickups. The guitar features a coil-tap pickup selecter and a 3-way pickup switch. It features vol/vol/tone knobs as well, which the tone knob is also the coil tap. It contains a tone-pros string thru body bridge, and chrome grover tuners as well as chrome hardware. The finish is a beautiful blue, almost black looking without light but when you Shine the light on it there's a beautiful blue glow. It also features a cream binding along with abalone & pearl inalys. Great build overall except not the best of pickups.

ducky!!
    hey i love this guitar, either its amazing or a magor step up from my last peice of crap, or maybe both....
    theRedSpecial
    it's a great intermediate guitar but really, with the C1, she'll last forever if you treat her right