C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

After changing the pickups this thing matches my style (metal) perfectly. When I was shopping for a guitar I played on a Jackson guitar before I played this and I was set on getting the Jackson until I saw this on the wall. I grabbed it and started playing it and I immediately knew that this was my next guitar. It had a ton of sustain, wasn't noisy at all, and it was extremely easy to play. Now I play this with a 6505 and it is the perfect combination for me. It isn't really noisy at all. It has a very full sound to it.

I play metal and I love this guitar with aftermarket pickups. I have been playing for 2 1/2 years and I own a Peavey 6505 Head and a Marshall 1960a cabinet. I need to fix some wiring problems with mine but that is the only problem mine has. It sounds amazing. My favorite thing about this guitar is how easy you can play leads on it. Your fingers just glide across the fretboard. I wish this guitar had EMGs or real Duncans stock but that's just me nitpicking. Overall this is a great guitar.

This guitar will definitely withstand almost anything.The finish is surprisingly resistant to scratches and other things that other guitars seem to get on them. It seems like every part on the guitar will last for a while. I feel like I could gig without a back up with this guitar. The strap buttons are very sturdy.

It was set up pretty well from the factory. I didn't have to do too much adjusting to the action. The pickup selector was a little noisy when switching pickups but that was the only problem that I can remember. The bridge was routed fine. It was pretty easy to adjust. The knobs make some noise sometimes but it's not really a problem.

This guitar was made in Korea. I heard it was made in the same factory as ESP guitars. It has 24 extra-jumbo frets. The body and neck is maple. The neck isn't the normal bolt-on. It's a set-in neck which gives an amazing amount of sustain. I recommend replacing the stock pickups either for EMGs or Duncans depending on your style. The stock pickups were great jazz pickups though. It has 2 volumes and a tone knob. It is also a string thru body which gives even more sustain.