C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

Purchased from: Maxwell Music

I play in a rock band but we do a lot of pieces using the clean channel and this guitar's naturally sound blows any other's (in the same price range; ]) out of the water. The jumbo frets make playing effortless and the one piece neck carries the sound beautifully through the guitar. But the guitar isn't ment to be wailed on, I guess I've done it no justice playing Amon Amarth and All That Remains on it, if your looking for a heavy metal guitar go buy a Gibson X-Plorer but if your into Lifehouse, Fuel or Breaking Benjamin then I suggest you buy this because there's really no going wrong with a Schecter

I play this guitar on a Marshal 100HDFX stack and those two are a match made in heaven I've played on all sorts of other amps and what not but nothing else captures the true potential of this guitar like a Marshall amp. If this guitar was stolen I would probably cry for about 3 months and save up to get a PRS or the Gibson X-Plorer because I played hard rock and metal and now 4 years down the road my tastes have change. But If your a beginner or even an intermediate player I recommend this guitar if it fits your style because it doesn't get much better than this.

I've played in my high school band and on stage with my band and it's been fantastic but the only thing I recommend is getting strap locks because you don't want to drop this guitar. I dropped it about a year after I got it on a hardware floor from about 4 ft off the ground and since the cable jack tends to cut out on my but I've gone in and looked and I no that a wire came loose and I soldered it back on so now everything has been fine and all the time I've been playing I've never had a back-up guitar and this one has been fine. And one more piece of advice, please don't wear a jacket or belt when playing it scratches the finish on the back.

I've had the guitar for 4 years now and I have to say the guitar has been in perfect shape the whole time. No rusted hardware, no cracked finish, nothing. The only thing that I have to say is, with all Schecter Guitars I've seen was the bridge appears to be put on backwards but that's actually the way it's supposed to be put on so you can take that for what it's worth.

24 jumbo frets, solid body, 1/8 maple top, rose wood fretboard, natural flame maple finish, thru-body bridge, twin ducan design humbuckers, 3-way Switch and grover tuners what more can you ask for. This guitar was my first and I've been playing for 4 years now and I can say that I couldn't possibly ask for anymore from this guitar. It has beautiful tone and has all the hardware and features that you'll ever need. This guitar was based off of the PRS guitars and I can say they didn't do a bad job at all. The only thing that I would've change had I had the chance would have been the bridge pickup, it's a little muddy but I'm picky and that's what you get with a Standard guitar.

COBHC728
    I got this guitar and I love it. I put some Real seymour duncan SH-6 pickups in there and it sounds absolutely sick. I shred all day long with this.
    cameronmackay
    ok, this guitar's ****in awesome for the price you can buy it for, I've played my friends gibson and everything, but I still prefer my c-1 I've had it for about year now, and its just amazing this guitar alone has set me on schecters I've played a lot of the other models, and seriously I fell in love with this one its amazing if you want an amazing guitar for a good price this is it
    spkrpro
    I've had mine for about a year and love it. Sounds awesome, great for jazz or metal. You can not beat it for the price.