C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

Purchased from: DCGL

Don't let the fact that the pickups are only Duncan "designed" put you off of this guitar. The neck pickup gets a great blues sound (and can be coil-split), and I like the sound of the bridge pickup for metal. I'm playing it through a Crate V33-212 and it sounds great (I use a Boss DS-1 for distorion, though, because that amp can't do that well on it's own.) Sounds great with all settings I've tried.

I play rock and metal mainly, but I like to improvise blues a lot. This guitar is great for all of it. I've only been playing 1 1/2 years, but I can tell this guitar is worth the money I paid and more. My other gear is a Squier Strat, a Crate V33-212, a Fender Frontman 15G, and a Boss DS-1. It's a big upgrade from the Strat, and plays awesome through everything else. If this were stolen, I would beat the living **** out of the person Who took it, but if I couldn't get it back, I would buy another as soon as I had the money to. I compared it to the Tempest Custom and some Epiphone Les Pauls and SG's. This guitar won by a lot.

This guitar could definitely withstand Live playing. The hardware's good and it seems dependable. I haven; t put straplocks on it because the strap buttons seem very secure. I would use it at a gig without a backup because I have had no problems at all with it so far. I've been to friend's houses numerous times to jam and it's still perfect (I baby it, though. Can anyone really blame me? ) The finish seems like it will last a long time.

When I got it in the mail, the action was a little low (frets buzzed), but I raised it a little bit to fix the buzz and it's still very comfortable! The pickups are at a perfect height, the frets have no sharp edges, the finish is AMAZING (I got it in Tribal Amber, I think it was a very limited run).Overall, it just feels great to play.

I got this guitar in September 2008, and I'm not sure when it was made (probably '08 or '07, though). You probably know the features: 24 frets, 2 volume knob, 1 tone knob, Tune-o-matic bridge, all that stuff. Pickups are duncan designed with coil-split implemented in the tone knob. It has a 3-way pickup selector, also.

RC52190
    DGriffin91 wrote: Amazing guitar, btw schecter does not make ESP guitars!! see "
    ">http://www.schecterguitars.com/faq.asp"<... Where the hell does it say that? I just wasted like 10 minutes looking through that and didn't find anything saying "Oh, and btw, just in case you were wondering, we don't make ESP guitars."
    Chrisiphone
    The amount of people playing it through Marshall MG's and Frontmans is unbelivable...AND saying they love their tone, all to there own really!
    Shinsen88
    Best guitar I've ever played hands down. I've tried TONS of guitars in all price ranges and this is no question my favorite. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Schecter FTW!
    Tallyho
    vIsIbleNoIsE wrote: so esp and schecter are related? or no? what's the conclusion guys?
    At the most they may be made in the same factory as LTDs but that's as far as the relationship goes.
    Shabalaba
    so much thought has been put into every part of this guitar by its designers/manufacturers (who by the way are also the makers of ESP).
    Thats where it says it I didn't know that, i don't know if it's true
    Luke15_7
    I'm just getting back into playing after quite a few years, and had the chance to play this at Guitar Center last weekend. It blew me away! Any, for a relatively new "just for fun" player that might play anywhere between 80's to country to rock to possibly neo-classical metal, I'm having a hard time deciding between the C-1 Plus and the C-1 Hellraiser. Basically it comes down to the pickups. The coil-tap is a definite must but for fun playing and possibly home recoding will the Duncan Designed pickups be ok, or should I go with the EMG's?