C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

It sounds amazing. the Duncan Design pickups sound great with a lot of distortion (not the hottest output, but they do real well in a metal setting), and they are very thick and full on cleans, but, thanks to the coil tap, can be very bright, making this a very versatile guitar.

I play a lot of different things from Skynyrd to Pantera to RHCP, and it does them all very well. It plays better than any other guitar I have played including Gibsons, Fenders, Ibanez's, and PRS's. I honestly can say this is the best guitar for the money imo, and of all the guitars I have played, it's the best playing one. $600, it's well worth it.

I haven't had this guitar for more than 2 days, so I can't speak for it's reliability, but I can honestly say I think this will last me a long time. It feels great, has an awesome finish, and sounds amazing. From everything I've heard, it's very reliable and long-lasting. We'll find out... hope it's true...

The action is just a little bit high for my taste, but that'll be fixed. otherwise, it's been setup up from the factory very nicely. the finish is beautiful. it is flawless, deep, and smooth. The knobs a Switch feel very solid. I give it a 9 since the action was a little high for my taste.

I'll start by saying this guitar has some of the best features you will get for a $600 guitar. Coil Tap, excellent Duncan Design pickups, 24 frets, Grover tuners, 2 Volumes and a tone knob, and a Tune-O-Matic String thru bridge. The neck is mahogany with a 24.75" scale, 24 frets, awesome "Vector" inlays, and a rosewood fretboard. The body is mahogany with a flame maple top. It's also a set-neck, so it has amazing upper fret access.

Resurrected22
    schecters build quality is simply amazing. i have the 006 hellraiser. sounds great for metal but not the best for cleans. but i think emg's in general are like that. 81/85 combo anyways