C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

It suits my style great; I play metal and rock, also some occaisonal clean and jazzy stuff as well and it all sounds great. I use a spider III 75 watt, which goes great with the guitar, since it's so versatile for so many different sounds. It's got a super rich and full sound, its got great variety. Like I said I play different stuff and it all sounds great. Mine has Seymour Duncan pick ups, which I've heard are OK, but in my opinion they are fantastic because the guitar has great sustain and sounds good.

I play rock and metal. It's a perfect match. I've been playing for about 3-4 years, and I've got a spider III amp and a DigiTech RP1000 processor along with it. If this guitar was stolen I would only buy a different one because it was expensive and I can't afford another 600 dollar guitar right now. My favorite thing about this guitar is that it is reliable, gorgeous, and versatile. I recommend it if you play rock or metal. In hindsight, I'm glad I got this guitar over a mid end Ibanez with a Floyd Rose because the Schecter is more versatile. If you want a good bang for your buck, get this guitar. You don't need to spend 1000+ on some Gibson or ESP, really you can just get this and if you want change the duncans to EMG's, whatever your taste is.

It will definitely withstand live playing. I jam out with friends time to time and it has been reliable always. It is a hell of a well made looking guitar, solid body, built in body neck, solid body strings. The strap buttons are mediocre, I have problems with my strap slipping off the back button but aside from that they are solid. I recommend getting locking strap buttons for this guitar. Over all, this guitar will last you a long time if you take care of it, and is a great guitar for live shows.

The action is super low, awesome for lead and shredding. Pick ups are adjusted in a normal fashion pretty much, a neck and bridge pick up. The guitar was in great condition when I bought it about 3-4 years ago. My only regret is that I wish I had taken a little better care of it, not letting some people play it because it has been dropped a couple of times. Aside from that there are only a few minor scratches and it hasn't had any issues playing.

The guitar was made in korea, and judging from the other reviews, it was made in the same factory as ESP guitars(which is a good thing I suppose). It's got 24 frets, a wide easily playable neck made of maple or rosewood. It's got a gorgeous finish, three vol/vol/tone knobs, the tone knob can be pulled up to disable the lower pick up as well. The finish on mine is a dark red with a wicked sunburst kind of effect to it. The neck is wide, I guess like a high end gibson. Only real downside to this guitar is that it lacks a floyd rose, but aside from that it's fantastic. It has a 3 way selector as well for bridge and neck pickups. The pick ups on mine are duncans, which in my opinion sound great for anything.

Zmichel5150
    This guitar is perfect for what i need to play and it is a very nice guitar and anybody who bags on it is crazy.