C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

Purchased from: private party ebay

It sounds great to me. I'm a beginning (very) rock/blues/jazz player. I started out on a Ibanez RG series back in May, bought a C-1 Blackjack FR in June, and this one just yesterday. I find it has enough versatility for anything I'm interested in playing. I use a Fender Mustang II; not top of the line, but good enough for my purposes, which is a decent practice amp with some modeling variety. The guitar, as I said, sounds wonderful. The Blackjack has actual Seymour Duncans (JB/59), and honestly, I think the Plus sounds fuller, sounds cleaner on clean, and crunchy on crunch.

This guitar is a good match for the style of music I'm interested in playing. I'm not much into nu metal. Like some older stuff like Black Sabbath, and Blue Oyster Cult (hey, I'm over 50), and blues and jazz. Don't see any problem approaching those styles with this guitar. I'd probably buy it again if lost or stolen. I like the C-1 series, and was looking for a non-tremolo guitar. This one came along at the right time and price. I have the Vintage sunburst finish; very attractive guitar. I didn't want to spend more than $300, and this was the best I saw offered in the price range. There is a lot of discussion about the pickups sucking, but thusfar, I like them. As I said, my Blackjack has Seymour Duncan's, and right now, I find I prefer the sound of the Duncan Designed. Of course, I've only been playing about 5 months, so what do I know other than what sounds good to me? At the end of the day, that's what you have to go with. I wasn't nervous about buying this without playing first. I've played other Schecter C-1 series, and found them to be easy, comfortable, good-sounding guitars. Guess that's it. Had to take a little break from practice to submit this review!

I can't speak to this, as I've had it less than a day. It does seem hecka solid, and I intend this to be my main guitar. I don't anticipate a problem at all. But not knowing, I'll give it an 8 for right now. I'll say this; I bought the Blackjack as a clearance item from GC, and it had been beat to heck, but it still fired up and played just fine. So if it will handle endless 13-year-olds' attacks, I guess it can handle anything.

I don't know about original setup, as I bought it used. The action was fine for me. First thing I did was restring it with 10-46 strings, tune it up, and I was off and running. At first it seemed the intonation was off, but that was remedied with the new strings.

Mine is a 2005 Korean model. It has all the Standard features; mahogany body, jumbo rosewood fret, flame top, Strat style, Bride is Tune-O-Matic, with Duncan Designed pickups. 3-way selector switch, 2 volume, 1 tone that is also the coil tap. Grover tuners, string thru body.