C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

Purchased from: eBay

Has enough versatility to play anything I'm interested in playing. Now has a terrific Rich/Full sound. After an amazing professional setup, annoying buzz is gone. With actual Duncan's, upgraded pots, and the coil tap feature, wide array of tones available

I play blues, jazz, and rock, and it will handle it all. Only been playing about 6 months. I have a Blackjack FR, and an Ibanez RGEX2 or something. The Ibanez sees virtually no playing time; the Blackjack occasional, and this is the one I play the most. I love the looks, the sound now that I changed the pickups. I just love my guitar; can hardly wait to practice now!

Strap button is a concern; but just keep an eye on it. Other than that, the hardware seems quite solid. They use pretty decent hardware to start with, though the same can't quite be said about the electronics. I can't rate these two features, as I've only had it a short time.

I had thought the action was pretty low, but barre chords were still kicking my butt. Come to find out, there was still significant room for lowering action, and still keeping the balance between playability and tone. Originally, the bridge was installed backwards, and was reversed to proper position.

2005 Korean model that had all the standard features, mahogany body, rosewood fretboard, Strat body style, etc. Electronics upgraded to CTS 500k pots for the volume knobs, all new wiring, new Switchcraft input jack, and real Seymour Duncan JB/59 setup. Everything else is stock.

Poodertah
    This guitar is the best I've ever played! I'm 53 and have played since age 14. My wonderful wife bought this for me for a birthday present... still can't believe it! I was looking at Fender Telecasters online when she said - how about this one? I've mainly played Fender Stratocasters, but have owned Gibsons Les Paul, Ibanez - 335 body style, strat body style, I've played Telecasters, SG's, Fender Mustang etc. none of these guitars come close to the quality of this beautiful guitar. Mine is a 2005 with the beautiful black cherry finish and Humbuckers. The quality of this guitar is amazing in every aspect. The finish, the hardware all top rate! The neck is through body and what others have said about the sustain is definitely correct. The feel of the neck is thinner and not as deep as a Strat neck - easier to play and it even makes doing bluesy B.B. King type vibrato solos easier than any guitar I've ever played. When you play lead runs and licks it is such a fluid feel, I don't know how else to describe it...that's the closest I can come. The humbucker pick ups are fantastic! I have a 1963 pre-cbs Brown Fender Concert amp, all original with the four ten inch speakers and I've never heard a guitar sound that good out of this amp. Using the neck pick up only it has the full rich Gibson 335 sound and with the coil tap on any combination of pick ups I can still get that classic Stratocaster - Telecaster sound but with playability I have never experienced on any other guitar - period! If you're thinking of buying yourself a guitar for just playing at home, in a garage or gigging with you can't go wrong with this guitar. The Schecter C1+ Diamond Series will blow you away!