C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

Purchased from: Ebay

This Guitar has a huge range of sound, from the distorted, and heavier Gibson Les Paul sound, to the jazz of a Fender Strat. It suits just about any playing style, and is a very good guitar for the all around player. I am using a Laney GC-120 amp, and a Boss ME-25 pedal with it, and they sound great together. The quality pickups create very little noise, but are sensitive, and produce a beautiful crisp full sound, which can be completely changed using the guitars in built settings.

This guitar is fantastic for it's midrange price, and its versatility is second to none. I would defiantly buy it again if it were to be lost or stolen as it suites me and my range of playing styles from John Mayer to Red Hot Chili Peppers to Metallica perfectly. I love it's looks, it's tone and it's playability, and can't think of any disappointing things about it! It replaced my old Yamaha Pacifica and has proved to be a huge upgrade, and well worth it's price.

This guitar was built to last, and its solid 3-pc through neck, and weight serve to prove this. The hardware is made of some sort of metal, and feel and look like they would take a beating to break. The strap buttons are considerably more hefty than any I have come across before. I could depend on it completely, and wouldn't feel like I needed a backup at all. The guitar has been in use for over 2 years now, and still doesn't have a scratch anywhere on it which goes beyond hairline. It seems to be very sturdy.

I bought this guitar second hand but in perfect condition the action was a little high for me, but the Schecter's fantastic raised bridge meant that I literally had to turn two screws about half a turn before it was perfect for me. The pickups are a little high, and may need to be lowered slightly so that the strings do not touch them when you are resting your hand, but once again, this can be very easily adjusted. The general finish on this guitar was and still is superb, and couldn't be much better.

- Made in South Korea, finished in USA. - 24 frets, rosewood fingerboard - Solid maple body and neck, through neck - Strat body shape - Passive Seymour Duncan Duncan Designed HB-102b/HB-101n pickups - Volume, tone, 3 way selector, pull out tone - Grover tuners - Included a 90 Hiscox Hardcase