C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

Price paid: C$ 360

Purchased from: Ebay

I play in a Melodic Death Metal band and this guitar suites me perfectly. It has the tone and clarity I need for my drop and standard c tuning and can handle my rough style of playing like a boss. I currently us a Vintage Peavey 20 watt combo amp until I get my Marshall cab. It does have a flaw with the bridge pickup for my soloing, but it is a used guitar so I can't expect much. The cleans are a little muddy, but I make them work in the songs I write, especially with my echo pedal. The heavy tones I get through a DigiTech Death Metal pedal with is one of the best and heaviest tones I've every heard. I also use a Dunlop Crybaby Wah with the DM pedal and it sounds amazing with this guitar. The C-1 Plus also has a push-coil tap that splits the pickups to sound like a single coil pickup. Now for the style I play, I have really no need for that feature, but this guitar is made to play literally anything you wan from the softest country songs to the heaviest most brutalist death metal your can think of. Literally a guitar for everyone.

In the end, I absolutely love this guitar and if you are an active musician who is looking for a good guitar for a good price or a beginner looking for the perfect guitar, this one is for you. I own 5 guitars including a GK Warlock copy, a RG copy with a floyd rose floating bridge and custom air-brushed graphic, a ESP F100FM, a Ibanez Iceman 200 and the Schecter. And outta all of those guitars, Schecter wowed me without question. Pick one up today. Stay Evil!

I've played this guitar to a couple small gigs and it handles like a beast. All the hardware is still in tacked for how rough I am when I play live and hasn't let me down yet. I use Planet Waves Locking Starps instead of switching out the hardware, which I'm very picky about and the buttons are still in top notch shape. The finish has a little bit of scratches, not big enough to see, but all guitars end up with scratches sooner or later.

The guitar was set up perfectly and for bought off of eBay, fits me very well. It handles anything thrown at it with ease and more. There is not much else to say on this subject because I don't really adjust anything on any of my guitars, except for the pickups, but all I do is I lower the top end and raise the low end for tone purposes. There was nothing wrong with the guitar, except for a little tiny problem, sometimes when you switch the pickups with the pickup selector, the guitar cuts out, but it rarely happens and I did buy it off of eBay.

It is a 2005 model and made in Korea (I think). It is a 24 fret, set-neck with jumbo mahogany freys and Vector inlays with a little bit of abalone. It has a blue, red and tobacco flame top (I have the blue top) with a tune-o-matic bridge with passive Seymour Duncan pickups with two volumes and a master tone with a three way pickup switch. It also has grover mini tuners so they stay in tune pretty nicely. It came with a hardshell case that fits any style of Schecter C-1, Ibanez RG and the like.

Air_Stryker
    Poodertah wrote: This guitar is the best I've ever played! I'm 53 and have played since age 14. My wonderful wife bought this for me for a birthday present... still can't believe it! I was looking at Fender Telecasters online when she said - how about this one? I've mainly played Fender Stratocasters, but have owned Gibsons Les Paul, Ibanez - 335 body style, strat body style, I've played Telecasters, SG's, Fender Mustang etc. none of these guitars come close to the quality of this beautiful guitar. Mine is a 2005 with the beautiful black cherry finish and Humbuckers. The quality of this guitar is amazing in every aspect. The finish, the hardware all top rate! The neck is through body and what others have said about the sustain is definitely correct. The feel of the neck is thinner and not as deep as a Strat neck - easier to play and it even makes doing bluesy B.B. King type vibrato solos easier than any guitar I've ever played. When you play lead runs and licks it is such a fluid feel, I don't know how else to describe it...that's the closest I can come. The humbucker pick ups are fantastic! I have a 1963 pre-cbs Brown Fender Concert amp, all original with the four ten inch speakers and I've never heard a guitar sound that good out of this amp. Using the neck pick up only it has the full rich Gibson 335 sound and with the coil tap on any combination of pick ups I can still get that classic Stratocaster - Telecaster sound but with playability I have never experienced on any other guitar - period! If you're thinking of buying yourself a guitar for just playing at home, in a garage or gigging with you can't go wrong with this guitar. The Schecter C1+ Diamond Series will blow you away!
    For the love of God, what are you doing. All bold text + a glowing "review" of the guitar. This is pretty much just blatant advertisement / trolling. I mean, you created your account the same day you posted this comment, and it was the only time you've logged in? AND your birthday is apparently 03/07/2012 as well? Either; A = you're a troll. B = you're a fanboy. or C = you're employed by Schecter guitars.
    givemeajackson
    hey, i'd like some advice. i'm stuck between the c1 standard (exactly the same guitar, just with dot inlays) and the hellraiser special. pickups dont matter, i'd change them on both of those. my main concern is the gibson scale length on the standard. i dont have extremely big hangs, but not small ones either. is there a problem playing around the 24th fret? i'm tending towards the standard cause of the striking look with the flame maple and dark brown sunburst...