C-1 Plus review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Plus

I play several styles of metal but this guitar is more geared toward a bluesy full sound for classic and hard rock (think Boston, Foreigner, AC/DC, etc.). But with the right amp you can play as heavy as you like. At home I use a Marshall MG15CDR and play along with Megadeth just fine even with the built in distortion in that amp. The neck pickup gives a great full-bodied sound for strumming chords. The bridge kicks up the treble nicely while keeping the body intact.

For my style of music (metal) I love everything about this guitar except for the pickups. I have a Dimebucker in an old guitar somewhere which I will probably swap into the bridge position of this guitar so I can get the crunch I'm after. Other than that it is a dream to play. I traded my long stand-by Jackson DKMG after I just had enough of messing with the Floyd Rose bridge. I like to play along to bands in tunings from B to standard and switching between sessions was just too much of a hassle. This guitar plays just as well as the Jackson and actually accessing the higher frets is easier on the Schecter thanks to the set-in versus bolt-on neck. That and the scale is slightly smaller which being a short dude myself is a benefit. When playing along to some songs I caught myself moving too far to change positions since I was so used to the larger scale of the Jackson. I look forward to giving this sweet guitar some good use for many years.

I look forward to hopefully getting back into a band to show this off on stage. The quality of this guitar appears to be top-notch for its price range. As I said in the opening, this is a 2008 guitar coming from the home of a loving owner and it looks brand-new, I have no doubt about it holding up over time.

I got this guitar in a trade and the previous owner took very good care of it, it is more or less factory-new. Pickups look seated slightly low but it doesn't affect the sound from what I hear. The action is very nice all around with just a little buzz around the 3rd fret of the 5th string which I'm sure I can work out. The finish is shiny and the Black Cherry color is really nice looking on it. I've never been a huge fan of the toggle pickup selector (prefer the lever myself) but there is no noise from switching positions and hopefully it will win me over in time. All the hardware is nice and tight fitting, no loose controls that I can find.

- 2008 Birth year, made in South Korea. - 24 Jumbo frets on a Mahogany neck with nice pearl and abalone inlays - Mahogany body with a glossy Black Cherry finish and set-in neck - String-thru body TonePros fixed bridge - Passive Duncan Designed HB-102 Humbuckers at the bridge and neck positions - Volume knobs for each pickup and 1 tone knob, also a 3-way selector and pull/push coil tap in the volume knob - Grover tuners.

Mources
    It really pisses me off when people hurrdurr and calls out Gibson. I personally think the Les Paul is way too muddy for any practical use beyond solo's/clean comping, but god damn I haven't fallen in love with a guitar like I have with my SG. And no, this doesnt have anywhere near the same character/life that a Gibson would. However, that's not saying it's bad, I'd get one for a backup [came to these reviews for user feedback after seeing one for pretty cheap]. Still. ಠ_ಠ