C-1 SheDevil review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 SheDevil

Price paid: A$ 600

Purchased from: Used- from a friend

Great for metal, going through an MXR fullbore metal into a Marshall MG15CDR. Sounds great with a fair bit of gain, very quiet, no major issues. Although I would recommend upgrading the pots as the tone pot hardly does anything. That could also be the pickups. I'm a high gain player but still love having a lot of clarity so every note can be heard. This guitar definitely allows that but clean it doesn't sound that great unfortunately. Its not HORRIBLE, but it is very obvious that its made to be overdriven.

Its a great guitar although I wouldn't have paid the $1600AUD retail for it. I own a few other schecters, a couple of Ibanez's 2 les pauls and a Dean razorback. The neck shape and scale length of the Schecters are appealing to me and the playability is exactly how I like it, not ridiculously low that you can't feel anything being played but not so hard that it takes a whole lot of effort to play. If I could find another one for the same price I would definitely buy it if this one were lost or stolen. I think it would be more appealing to buy if it did have the actual Seymour Duncan blackouts instead of the copy.

I'm confident that it will be able to stand live playing and possible touring without worrying too much. I'm considering upgrading the tuners as they look pretty cheap though. And the tonepros bridge which was painted black is already starting to fade a bit as expected from schecter.

The guy I bought it off hadnt touched anything, not even changed the strings. Everything was factory set up in the same condition straight out the factory. Action is brilliant, no buzz. The high gloss black is great and goes well with the crimson red which is pure red, I was scared it might look a bit pink, but it is deep red. The fretwire was hanging off a bit and was a bit sharp on the 13th, 14th and 15th fret. The neck joint and the body joints are quite visable from the back of the guitar.

So its a Schecter SheDevil, High gloss black finish, crimson red inlays and binding (looks brilliant!) 24 Jumbo frets, Mahogany/Rosewood neck/fretboard, 25.5 inch scale, set neck with Ultra access, Mahogany body, double cutaway, Duncan designed HB105 active pickups, grover tuners, tonepros bridge, 3 way Switch vol/vol/tone. These are the exact specs that I was looking for in buying a guitar and this one matches perfectly. Only thing I'm thinking of upgrading are the pickups possibly to Blackouts just to try them out although the duncan designed are very good.

connorhxcchaos
    Hells.Mascot wrote: Schecter still make this guitar?!
    Nope, they stopped making them about 2 years ago. Its a shame really the newer generation of Schecters are becoming worse and worse in my opinion.
    Megalomaniac46
    Slovak_Ghost : I like how everyone says this is a ripoff of some other guitar... haha why because it is red and black? As for the B.C. Rich bloodbound, that guitar is trash compared to this... so is any yamaha. This guitar is very different from the aforementioned guitars. Just because it may have a similar color scheme... does not mean it is a rip off
    Couldn't agree more +1
    acade365
    Slovak_Ghost wrote: I like how everyone says this is a ripoff of some other guitar... haha why because it is red and black? As for the B.C. Rich bloodbound, that guitar is trash compared to this... so is any yamaha. This guitar is very different from the aforementioned guitars. Just because it may have a similar color scheme... does not mean it is a rip off
    I'd be interested on which yamahas you have played to say they are trash. try the 721, for example, one of the sweetest guitars I've ever played.