C-1 SheDevil review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 SheDevil

Purchased from: Used Guitar Shop

I have no preference for music style but I tend to lean more towards progressive hard rock. Personally I have used it for several amps ranging from Vintage Sound Oriented Fenders to Modernized Sounding Randalls. For the most part I use a Marshall Combo amp with this and I can say it works rather well. I hardly use any effects except for Reverb, Distortion, Chorus, and Delay; I can say all of those leave with a satisfying tone. This guitar is only noisy when I have my amp maxed out with the bridge pickup selected, however I believe this is only so because I did buy it used. And as far as the overall sound of the guitar, it can handle any style you throw at it, but because it is a set neck, there is some difficulty tapping.

Again I play a little of everything but I orient myself more towards progressive hard rock and this guitar suits that well. I have been playing about 4 to 5 years now so I've owned this guitar for about half of my guitar career. The only other gear I own is an Oscar Schimdt Acoustic-Electric, a PRS SE One Student Edition, and a Peavey Milestone bass. I don't wish I would have bought anything else instead of this guitar, because it holds the line perfectly. However if is was lost or stolen, I go and doodle around with other guitar brands for awhile to be sure it has the sound I want. Guitars such as a Dean, ESP, Gibson, or even Ibanez. However if none of those suit me I do lean towards the Hellraiser series as I have played one before and overall I was impressed. There's not much I can say about hating or liking about it as I tend to be middle ground a lot about being picky. The only other guitar I've compared it to is, in fact, are the Hellraisers, ZV, and Syn Customs but lately I have lost interest in artist signature guitars. Finally as a note I do not believe in perfection so I gave it "Average" scores instead of perfect scores.

Reliability and Durability, the most important aspect to any guitar in my opinion and to answer the first question, it handles live playing as if you were playing one of its $1000 counterparts. The strap buttons are standard for any guitar, so I must say that too much punishment will make them come out. I can perfectly well say that this is a guitar I can depend on. As a matter of fact when I played a live gig once, I actually put down my other guitar between songs because I wanted to play my Schecter. Also as an owner of this guitar for two years now, I can say that its finish is good enough to last because I've never seen any finish thinning on it.

The Action is perfectly suited for this guitar, the bridge has two screws I can use to lower or heighten the action if I desire, but normally I like to keep it low for faster playing. The pickups are adjusted very well with the only issue being the flaw that buying it used means that the previous owner did something to it that shot the neck pickup, due to lack of funds I have not been able to replace the pickups. The Bridge is routed properly, I have no issues there. Overall the entire guitar is in good standing except for the shot neck pickup.

It is unknown which year this guitar is made but I can say that it was made in Korea with 24 Jumbo Sized Frets. It is a 3 pc. Set neck with a 25.5" scale. The finish is unsure as I have not studied up on guitar finishes, but I am led to believe that it is Gloss Black with Red Trim. The bridge is a String-Thru with a simple drop-in bridge with Seymore Duncan Active Pickups. The Selector is a 3 Way Pickup Selector and uses Grover Tuners. And it is a Strat Style Body.

metalhead1054
    slipknot_420 wrote: connorhxcchaos wrote: Hells.Mascot wrote: Schecter still make this guitar?! Nope, they stopped making them about 2 years ago. Its a shame really the newer generation of Schecters are becoming worse and worse in my opinion. +1 The newer lines dont only lack in their build quality but there not as nice on the eyes anymore either lol. example-schecter c-1 classic replaced by the ugly c-1 custom.
    This is an extremely late response but in my opinion I think Schecter is focused more on selling it's Artist Signature guitars *COUGH SYN GATES CUSTOM COUGH* that they give their regular guitars a lesser quality.I've played their older ones and I was completely amazed.