C-1 SheDevil FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 SheDevil FR

I play mostly metal (Avenged Sevenfold, Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada, etc.) and it suits it perfectly. The guitar is a good weight so it doesn't start to feel heavy after hours of body banging. The active Duncans are super think and heavy with out getting murky giving a great, full tone. I usually play it without any effects besides my amps distortion and a Boss NS-2 but sometimes add a little chorus to fill in my sound. The active pickups are virtually noiseless. When I stop playing, the sound follows suit. The guitar can get a variety of sounds depending on your amp settings. Very nice cleans and some good crunch sounds. It's only real flaw is it always has a full sound so very bright styles end up with too much bass.

This guitar is a great match for me, it sounds great, plays great, looks great. I've been playing for 3 years now and am in a good local band working our way up. I also have a Schecter Omen-6 FR with Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader's, a Schecter ZV Mirror, and an Ibanez FR1620. I use Peavey 6505+, Custom Sommatone Outlaw, and Marshall JVM 205 amp heads with either a Sommatone 4x12" amp cab equipped with Eminence Man O War speakers, or Marshall MC412 cab equipped with Celestion speakers. If it was stolen I would definitely try to find another one or get one of Schecter's Blackjack series, because it has most of the same features. My favorite part has to be the Devil girls inlay. They just look so sweet on there. I tried it against some of the Ibanez RGA and RGD series, Schecter's Hellraiser series and a few ESP's but it won out with superior features and price. The only thing I could ask for would be the ability to coil-split the guitar, just so it could do just about anything.

This is my main guitar. I use it on stage and it takes a beating and comes out swinging. The strap buttons have held quite well, I use some $1.00 strap locks and I've never had a problem with it coming off. I always have 4 guitars (2 Drop D, 2 Drop C) just to be safe, when you yank on the Floyd Rose doing deep dive bombs there is always a chance strings could break, but through 5 shows, its held up great. The finish is holding up great, a quick wipe after the show and good as new.

The guitar was in pristine condition when I bought it, all that had to be done was a minor adjustment in the springs to bring it to drop D. The pickups were at the right height, no adjustments needed. No rough frets, no fret buzz, everything was very well assembled and I've had no issues.

Was made in 2009 from Schecter's Korean factory. It is 25.5" scale with 24 frets on a ebony fingerboard. It has red binding around the boy and on the neck and headstock with red fret dots and the "devil girls" inlay at the 12th fret. Solid mahogany body and neck with Schecter's "ultra-access neck heel". It has a gloss black finish that really shines. It is Schecter's C-1 shape which is the standard double cut-away shape. It's a rare find equipped with a Floyd Rose Original double-locking bridge, very small numbers produced with the Floyd Rose. Its equipped with two Active Duncan Designed Blackouts (they play and sound exactly the same as their Seymour Duncan counterparts). It has 2 volume and 1 tone knob with a 3 way selector. A nice feature is that if you turn one of the volume knobs to 0, the selector becomes a killswitch whe you move to the middle or silenced pickups position. It has Grover tuners and came with a black trem arm.

LeakyFlask
    Odd, there seems to be a Line 9(!) amp in the front page picture.
    K!!LsWiTcH
    "I play mostly metal (Avenged Sevenfold, Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada, etc.)" why cant you say you play metalcore?
    Camron62\m/
    Asking Alexandria isn't metal. That's like saying AC/DC is hardcore. beautiful Schecter, though, they play so nicely.
    Sparda93
    I play mostly metal (Avenged Sevenfold, Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada, etc.) So....where is the metal???
    Slashiepie
    9.8 omfg UG needs a couple more decimals because every guitar here is almost rated a 10
    JB95
    "I play mostly metal (Avenged Sevenfold, Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada, etc.)" ... The price is worth a mantion I think.
    skylerjames13
    WhoStoleMyPants
    "Play some real Metal! Like a bit of Thrash, true Death Metal and a bit of black! "core" genres are for girls!" Or we could play what we LIKE to play and not worry what the hell the genre is called
    Metallilmeister
    SirDrunkalot wrote: This guitar looks very cool. But it's a 'metalonly' guitar, right?
    No such thing. You can play anything with this.
    jetwash69
    blackbird51 wrote: "I tried it against some of the Ibanez RGA and RGD series, Schecter's Hellraiser series and a few ESP's but it won out with superior features and price." really? have you tried an RGD Prestige? and were those "ESPs" you tried out real ESPs or just LTDs? I think If you tried the RGD Prestige, you would know it KILLS this guitar in EVERYTHING yes even the price, considering MIJ guitars are top of the line..
    I got an MIJ Ibanez RG Prestige but it has stayed in its case the last 6 months+ while my Standard Avenger gets played several times a week. My Fenders get played daily. I've been looking in guitar stores in 2 countries and 3 American regions including several major cities for the last 6 years, and I haven't come across a "real" ESP in person yet. I've never played anything worth over $2K but if it's like anything else, you get diminishing returns pretty fast as the cost goes up. I'd take my pawnshop Avenger I modded with an SD pup and a Sustainiac over anything I've played that cost over $1K any day--as long as it's my money.
    karurosu
    lol at all the idiots arguing about genres. Grow up, people listen to whatever they want and can call it whatever they want, who gives a ****
    Spaztikko
    for all you genre nazis: there is soft rock. there is hard rock. there is metal. STFU and deal with it
    EpiExplorer
    skylerjames13 wrote: Metalcore is a subgenre of heavy metal combining various elements of extreme metal and hardcore punk. I'll just leave this here, from Wikipedia.....
    Coming from WIKIPEDIA. You nonce.
    Banjocal
    Synyster2317A7X wrote: well lets not rip me apart, i used a broad spectrum term for the music, metalcore it a branch of metal, no the same thing though. and the guitar does play best with the heavier stuff but it does clean up nicely and you can get some more classic sounds out of it. the neck pickup can get some great Slash-esque sounds out of it through my marshall on one of the mid-drive channels. And idk why but i put the price up, but it seems to have removed it, it was $500 canadian.
    Metalcore comes from hardcore, brah. Anywhoo, this review is massively over-rated. as per usual. No way could this guitar be a 9.8.
    satyricon666
    xChrishxc
    you guys are homos.. why do you even rant about mentioning those bands? However, that highly rated doesn't seem valid anyway.
    bastards
    I played this guitar through a party once and it's great. The pups sound beautiful through a solid state and really gives the open, free crunch that I look for. Cleans are good, and the guitar is comfortable to play. The cosmetics are great, generally it's a great guitar. But it's no Gibson Les Paul gold top.
    Synyster2317A7X
    the only Ibanez RGA or RGD in that price range had no where near the same quality. they had bolt on necks, inferior body materials so this one. the RGA and RGD's higher in the prices im sure could be better than this one but its exactly what i needed at a minimal price
    Synyster2317A7X
    Fender_For_Life wrote: you're reviewing the FR version of this guitar, but you've got a picture of the string through dude.
    it put up the picture, i didnt. that's what they gave me
    theblazinasian
    Oops, there's a space in that URL between 1 and -She. This should be right? mae5tr0.deviantart.com/art/Schecter-C-1-SheDevil-1 59411629
    DanGuitar333
    k guys this is a GUITAR review who cares what genre he was talking about... anyways this guitar looks pree sexy just i dont think it's as reliable as you said I dont really trust the guitars ppl deem as "metal like" guitars...not after tht jackson i bought.....
    blackbird51