C-1 Standard review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Standard

The sound and tone is was what sold me. Basically a good electric should ring and sustain acoustically unplugged before it can sound good plugged in. This one does that. I needed a change from my Strat I normally play. Been looking for something good with slide tones like Trucks or Allman. This one has that sound on dirty channel without breaking up but also could switch over to a great clean blues for fretting also. It is the best of both worlds. I could not get those same tones out of the 2 Gibson SGs or LPs at the store for some reason. I tried using the same Fender tube amp.

I went expecting to buy a 1500+ Gibson LP or SG that I really couldn't afford but instead left the store with this. I had never even heard of this guitar company before and was very resistant to even considering it. If you are buying for playing ease, tone, sound and not for brand vanity then this should equate better than a real SG for you. I played them side by side for hours in the store and this one has crazy warm clean tones as a bonus that the SG did not deliver and only the LP came close to in clean warm sound. I even tried the Epiphon and ESP SG models. They didn't come close. The cleans where better than the real LP while still maintaining that solid humbucker sound. The more crunchy on the amp and that Trucks slide tone came out. The slide barely fretted with low action. Remember Trucks main guitar is modded with Seymour Duncans Seth Lovers and not stock pickups. This one also has Seymour Duncans (not Seth Lovers). For the slide sound, it was better than their other models with active pickups. The weight was also similar to the SG. Bottom line, the company has a brand name that sounds trendy and screams cheap garbage. But try there stuff out before you spend a bundle on classic names. I was taken back.

I have not owned this long enough to rate this accurately. The volume pots look suspect to needing attention in the near future. One knob was loose when I bought it but it. I can tighten that though to fix it. The tuners are rock solid and pickups are Seymour Duncan. The neck appears to be one piece solid with the body. The strap buttons are very solid and over sized just a bit.

The action is very impressive. No buzz with very low strings. You can play above the 12th fret very easily. I even raised it a tad for slide still plays well. The finish for what I paid I feel is superior in comparison to the other big dogs budget guitars. I could see someone pick apart the finish and say it is not high polished enough. To me that is vanity.

The neck and frets are as straight as a laser when you look down it. The tuners lock and feel tight and solid. The pickups are not active but was not looking for that sound anyway. No case but for the money I was shocked to get a real pro guitar for that. It can switch from single to double coil. The pickups are Seymour Duncan coil tap.(SH-11 bridge)/'59 (SH-1 neck).

Templar980
    If this had a strat style trem installed it would be my next guitar for sure. Still love it either way though.
    iannii
    everything on this guitar is awesome except for the pickups, sure they sound better than other stock pickups because these are duncan design, but when i switched out the pickups with dimarzios the guitar beacame the best thing i ever bought, so if you want to buy this just remember to buy high end pickups.