C-7 Blackjack review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Blackjack

Purchased from: Thomman.de

Okay, I play jazz, blues, funk and the usual crap for jams with friends and exams, which the guitar handles admirable with the tone at about 3/4, cleans are a bit static. In my own time, I play anything from Prog to Deathcore, and to be honest, I was surprised at how UNlike EMGs these are. Smooth neck pickup and the bridge has an unbelieveable edge distorted (I now rarely use the OD2 channel on my AVT150H, this thing drives like a bitch), the Song Bludgeoned To Death by Suicide Silence has the same kind of wild oomph. Quiet, no hum, but paradoxically will pickup radio signals on high volume tube amps, so I had to face 90 degrees away from the computer when I was in the studio. Sounds very full on all settings, never dry or dull, which is why I decided to get it. I'm not just saying this because it's mine.

Okay, so I'm blasting my way through some Suicide Silence and its pretty obvious to me that the tone is utterly lethal, give Blackouts a go guys. I've been playing about 5 years and I'm not great, but I'm competnt and my final exam is this December, this will be my weapon of choice and I'm not going to play metal. It's my first Sevenstring, first guitar over 400 and frankly, all I need is another in case it breaks. If it were stolen or lost, I'd weep bitterly. Took ages of saving to buy and i don't want to go back to 6 strings. The tone on this thing is great, particularly for rock and metal, but it's adaptable. Favourite part is the bridge, because I've been restricting my muting on the Jackson's floyd. FREEEEEDOOOOM. I chose this over several LTDs and Ibanez's because It was better value than LTD and less... Shit... than the Ibanez's, I hate wizard necks and Ibanez stock pickups. All this guitar really needs is love and attention, Its even better than I had hoped, even my Red Hot Chilli Pepper purist friends like it.

This guitar is pretty lieghtweight, and I actually struggled to get the strap off, so I'm not going to even bother with straplocks. On thursday I shot a video for a music course, I was really throwing myself about, and the guitar remained stable. Hell, I accidentally smashed the headstock through a plasterboard roof by accident. No mark on The Schecter, but I had to run away from the janitor. Would gig without a backup, but would prefer to bring my Jackson for Drop D.

Action was a little since the strings were ruined after being shipped (I changed them and it was great) from Germany but the intonation was exactly right. I inspected this guitar for an hour before playing it when I took it out of the box, was scared of it being damaged but thankfully, there are no dents or flaws in the finish or binding and Its fairly lightweight. I'm going to be an asshat and give this bit a ten.

Apologies for the name, its a C-7 Blackjack ATX. This was made in 2008, In South Korea. Its a 24 fret guitar, with a 26.5 inch scale, which alters the tone a little and gives it some nice chord sounds. Ebony fretboard, bound with cream. Frets are jumbo, neck is set but the heel is carved away a little for better access. Solid mahogany body, aged white finish, plain gloss finish, but not too thick, so you don't sweat against it much. Standard Strat shape, access is average but fairly comfortable. Hardware includes locking Tonepros Tune-o-matic bridge, locking Schecter tuners, big tough knobs (2 vol, 1 tone)and a Graphtech nut. Pickups are Seymour Duncan Blackouts, which are active. Came with Allen Keys. It was pretty much exactly what I wanted. Would have preferred a 27" scale.

wario_mt
    I got one, dunno what idiot made this review but it lacks basic facts. "Standard Strat shape, access is average but fairly comfortable."//no standart strat shape, superstrat, fatter, wider with less cutaway than lets say ibanez 7. "Pickups are Seymour Duncan Blackouts, which are active."//hey pal, where you have battery then? those are passive versions of SH-4 and SH-1. "its pretty obvious to me that the tone is utterly lethal, give Blackouts a go guys."//NO BLACKOUTS. he never heard an active one? "This guitar is pretty lieghtweight"//heavy as ****, lol 7 string all-mahogany guitar lightweight
    wario_mt
    CrusaderTrivium wrote: Zdsguitar wrote: lol over $1000 for this guitar..be better off buyin a cheap guitar and puttin like an 81 EMG and 85 EMG on it Spot the moron. Really, take a Schecter over an Ibanez, better pickups than Ibanez stock, better value and they aren't as much of a label on your playing.
    Hey and it has nicer headstock too
    Gojira777
    Guess it's nice I just got my C-7 recently with the Nazgul/Sentient pickups and all the fixin's...Love the Schecter Blackjack C-7... Keith Merrow and Jeff Loomis seem to like Schecter pretty good too.