C-7 Blackjack ATX review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Blackjack ATX

Purchased from: Uncle Sam's Jamms

I play in a death metal band and I am absolutely loving the tones I'm getting from this guitar. I play it through a Peavey 5150 with an ISP Decimator in the effects look. The guitar itself is very quiet (I'm now a firm believer in the duncan blackouts). This guitar provides a variety of tones from death metal to country and everything in between. The pickups respond very well to picking style and are obviously this guitar's defining feature.

This guitar is a very good match for the death metal that I play. It provides me a very clear and articulate tone. I've been playing for four years and own a Schecter C-1FR and an Ibanez AS73. This guitar has filled every one of my expectations and I look forward to playing more concerts with it. If this guitar was stolen I would definitely buy it again or buy an Agile. I love the ebony fretboard on this guitar. It is definitely my favorite feature. There really isn't anything that I hate about this guitar, it is perfect for my needs. I compared this guitar to a few ESP ltd sevens before I bought it. I compared it to xximpendingdoom's old H-307 before buying this and find the two to feel very similar. I can't think of anything I wish this guitar had, I wouldn't change a thing. If you are looking for a good seven string, you should definitely give this one a look.

I've only played one concert with this guitar so I can't really say anything about durability. It definitely feels like a tank, but I'm sure I'll test that somewhere in the future. The hardware is very solid and seems like it will last. I can't say anything about the strap buttons because I put Hennessy straplocks on it as soon as I got it. I'm currently gigging without a back up, so I have to depend on it. It seems to be a very well made instrument and I'm putting my trust in the Schecter that this guitar will not fail me.

The guitar was set up very well when I bought it. The action is very low but fretbuzz is not an issue. The pickups were a little low for my taste but that was an easy fix. I'm very picky about my guitars but I honestly couldn't find a single flaw on this guitar. The paint is done very well, the fretwork is perfect, and the hardware is very clean.

My Blackjack ATX C-7 was made in July of 2009 in South Korea. It is a 24 fret guitar with a 26.5" scale. It has a solid mahogany body along with a three piece mahogany neck. The fretboard is ebony which is perhaps my favorite thing about this guitar. I bought the aged black satin model. I prefer the looks of the white, but this one played so good I couldn't pass it up. It has a Tonepros locking tune-o-matic bridge and active Seymour Duncan Blackouts. It has independent volume controls for each pickup along with a master tone and a 3 way switch. It comes standard with the new Schecter locking tuners. The only accessories included are a little crappy cable and the necessary tools for performing maintenance on the guitar. This guitar is a straightforward metal machine with all the high quality components that any player would want.

Edika
    NightBladeXx wrote: I have actually seen a C-7 with a FR so yeah... they mightve just started that this year.
    But not the Blackjack atx 7 string models. Maybe you are thinking of the hellraisers or the C-7 woth bolt-on necks, licensed floyd and duncan design active pickups.