C-7 Blackjack ATX review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Blackjack ATX

I pretty much always play Nevermore, and Jeff Loomis is my ultimate guitar idol of all time- and this guitar suited the style perfectly. Obviously, I was expecting it to, as Loomis uses Schecters, and according to wikipedia, has one of these bad boys himself! The tone which the pickups deliver is second to none, for me these are the best pickups in the world. They have the high gain, bassy tone which EMGs deliver, but they don't conform the entire guitar tone to a generic, metalcore one, unlike EMGs, which for me edges them out. I play this with a Boss GT-10 effects pedal, with a Peavey MAX-110 Bass Amp (bass amps and speakers give the best sound with a GT-10, bar tube and valve amps). It sounded a LOT better than any other guitar I've played- and recently I went to guitarguitar to try out all the higher end Jacksons, and not one of them held a candle to my Schecter. With the bridge pickup, the rhythms are powerful, and the much needed bassy sound from the pickups engineer the tone to a more professional sounding one. It can also be used to play fast, shreddy/sweepy stuff too, despite a lot of the bridge pickups I've tried in the past sounding trebley, cheap and messy. And the neck pickup... Not for rhythms naturally, but for leads, the tone is about as close to perfect as I could hope for. Put a bit of reverb/light delay on it, and you can put some real soul into your playing. This guitar sounds fantastic. And another thing... The sustain is ENDLESS on this thing, at band practice we tried to put it to the test, it went on long enough for the feedback to kick in, and I NEVER get feedback, not even on high volumes.

I think I've covered everything here. Get this guitar, and you WONT regret it. If you like Nevermore, and can't afford a Hellraiser C-7 or a Jeff Loomis signature, then get this beast, you won't regret it. Also, if you're a 7 string player, and don't like whammy bars/EMGs, then this should be the guitar for you. If you have any questions regarding this guitar, then feel free to contact me. 10/10, for the best guitar I've ever played.

The only thing that may not be reliable about this guitar, is the fact that the pickups run on batteries. The battery lasts ages, don't get me wrong, just if it went live... It could prove to be problematic. Since I'm only human, this guitar has taken its share of knocks and whatnot, and hasn't recieved as much as a scratch. The hard plastic finish seems invincible, and if I hit it somewhere live, I can say with 99% certainty that it would NOT fall out of tune, the locking tuners are amazing. I can depend on this guitar 100% for gigging, and won't require a backup. This guitar is as reliable as can be.

I decided to get this guitar in black with the yellow pinstripes... Basically because GAK didn't sell the white ones. However, I'm VERY glad I did, this guitar is beautiful how it is, and the aged white does look like a pile of wank, when I see videos of it in action nowadays. However, I cannot give this section a 10, purely because of the what-were-you-thinking 12th fret marker. Because the pickups are active on this model, some inbred working at Schecter decided that it would be a good idea to have a very lame, aesthetically dire lightning bolt on the 12th fret. This ruins the whole appearance of the guitar for me, but I would have also liked fret markers, because they not only look better, but they are also easier to play with, for obvious reasons. I have no other problems with this guitar- just certain aesthetics. The guitar has a thick neck, which I love, and it really easy and smooth to play. The vibrato that can be pulled off is nothing short of orgasmic, it is a genuinely amazing guitar to play. The action was very low, but then again, I like it low down; ). 9/10 because of the shitty fretboard features.

This is the Schecter C-7 Blackjack ATX. It is a 7 string masterpiece of a guitar, with 24 jumbo frets with a maple neck. The body is mahogany, which as I have experienced, allows maximum sustain due to the heavy wood. It is coated in a lushous layer of jet black hard plastic, and is loaded with Seymour Duncan Active Blackout pickups. There are two volume switches, and one tone knob, with a 3 way pickup selector. The bridge is fixed (trems are too much work for a lazy arse like me) but it has easy to use locking tuners, which maintain the guitar's tuning efficiently. The bastards at GAK wouldn't give me a case with it, unfortunately, so I had to make to with buying one myself from them. This guitar is ideal for me, feature-wise.

DarkXoa
    One point off because of the lack of the OPTION of a whammy
    ... its called a blackjack atx c7 FR , and its been arournd since they started the atx models. look it up on the website if you dont believe me.
    bastardsodecent
    DarkXoa wrote: One point off because of the lack of the OPTION of a whammy ... its called a blackjack atx c7 FR, and its been arournd since they started the atx models. look it up on the website if you dont believe me.
    No such guitar. I double checked the webiste, and it doesn't exist. You may be thinking of the Hellraiser.