C-7 Blackjack ATX review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Blackjack ATX

Price paid: C$ 849

Purchased from: Ebay

Ok, When it comes to sound this guitar a metal machine. My playing style is mostly Djent and Metal and for tone this guitar suits it very well. The Blackouts are awesome not to sure if I like EMG's or Blackouts more but the Blackouts are way less artifical sounding. Right now I'm just using this guitar through a crappy Roland Cube 30. But I have used it through a couple of higher end heads. The tone on this guitar I'd say is rich. Clean this guitar is alright but then agian it's their active pickups so it wont sound to oragnic. The one thing I wish this guitar had was a maple neck, I don't know why Schecter didn't use maple but it still sound great none the less.

I like this guitar its perfect for my playing style. I've been playing for 3 1/2 years. If it was stolen I would prolly buy it agian or buy the new ESP/LTD Horizon-1007. The reason why I got this guitar was there was alot of good review on it and Couple of my favorite bands use this guitar. I pretty much love the guitar as a whole. But I do wish it had a maple neck then it would be the ideal guitar for me. But all in all this guitar is amazing!!! If you are looking for a 7 string in the 800-1200 price range this guitar has to be one of the best on the market! Buy this!

This guitar is a tank!!! It feels very sturdy. I pack it around whenever I go jaming. It was mailed from America to Canada and still the intanation was perfect I even smacked it on stuff by accident and it's still spot on. If I was touring I wouldn't bring a backup because this guitar a tank and say if a string broke I could have it changed in about a minute.

The action was perfect, same with the pickup hieght. Bridge was good, no fret buzz.(All the hardware is black crome). Now my guitar has a bit of finish flaws... On the bottom of the 8th to 16th fret is lighter then the rest of the ebony fret board. Also the part where the bodie binding and the neck binding join is a little bit crooked.

My guitar was crafted in South Korea. I'm not to sure what year but I do know that it's a rather new one because of the Schecter locking tuners. It has 24 XJ Frets along with the nice 26.5 neck scale. The fretboard is ebony (love it), Also it has a grapfite nut. The neck is very nice its a little bit thick but very playable. This guitar is all mahogany with a satin finish. The Bridge has the awesome Tune-O-Matic locking bridge. the pickups are the active Seymour Duncan Blackouts with a 3-way switch. Tuners are Schecter's locking tuners with are great string changing is fast.

DylonIsTehName
    Sorry for the spelling mistakes guys. I wrote the review in like 5 or so minutes so I kinda rushed it. But I hope it helped. And now I really love the mahogany neck!!! it has a really nice warm rich tone. I am very happy I bought this guitar!!! just wished i got it in the walnut satin
    ciadude2
    This guitar is incredible. I normally really dislike Schecters(I just really disliked the sounds of basically all of the models I'd hear, except for the cleans), and bought this guitar from a place with a good return policy. It's incredible. Sounds fantastic. Honestly? I'd give this guitar a perfect 10 if it came in a different color and had a fretboard with a better design. But that's purely aesthetic. It plays fantastically(even the high notes ring out quite well). It blows my RGA7 out of the water. I give it a 9.5(it's something like the 11th guitar I've owned since starting)