C-7 Blackjack ATX review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Blackjack ATX

Purchased from: Friend

It suits progressive death-core PERFECTLY I couldn't ask for a better guitar. It also does well with cleans as well Its a full wholesome organic type sound that I couldn't love more I generally run it through my computer or through my little Vypyr amp but hopefully getting a 6505 or a Dual Rectifier here soon. I put Ernie Ball Power Slinkies and play in Drop A with it and with the SD Blackouts I Have an amazing tone that I am beyond happy with.

I play progressive Deathcore and metalcore. If it were stolen I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I love the pick ups and how full they sound I also compared it to the ESP H-1007. I've been playing for about 3 years now. My favorite feature is the neck-through body because I cannot stand Bolt-on necks. I've owned a Hellraiser C-7 in the past and the Blackjack ATX C-7 BLOWS it out of the water IMO.

I don't really gig but if I did I could and wouldn't need a backup the finish is definitely good enough to last. This guitar is a tank to put it short sweet and to the point. Everything about this guitar is solid as I would expect from Schecter they've yet to let me down. As I've said before Schecter knows how to make a solid guitar.

Every thing was setup perfect Schecter for sure knows how to make a solid guitar. I have the action on there low as possible. The action does quite well for what I play and the guitar is flawless. The wood is amazing its not too heavy and its durable. Have had absolutely no problems with anything on this guitar's hardware.

I'm not sure as to what year it is, It was made in South Korea, 24 frets, Aged Black Satin finish with and orangish binding, 26.5 scale, Schecter Locking tuners, Neck through, Mahogany body with Ebony fretboard, Tune-o Matic Bridge 3 way pickup selector. The stock Seymour Duncan Blackouts (Active) are some the best pickups I've ever heard. I for one am a fan of the lightning bolt on the 12th fret. The tuners do their job amazingly I only give it a 9 because there isn't to much of a curve for my arm to rest on so my hand gets tired from time to time. I also got a Roadrunner Molded case with it.

a drummer
    bastardsodecent wrote: DarkXoa wrote: One point off because of the lack of the OPTION of a whammy ... its called a blackjack atx c7 FR, and its been arournd since they started the atx models. look it up on the website if you dont believe me. No such guitar. I double checked the webiste, and it doesn't exist. You may be thinking of the Hellraiser.
    http://www.schecterguitars.com/Intern ational/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-ATX-C-7-FR-2012.aspx bo om.
    blackbird51
    Minivirus2
    blackbird51 wrote: ciadude2 wrote: This guitar is incredible. I normally really dislike Schecters(I just really disliked the sounds of basically all of the models I'd hear, except for the cleans), and bought this guitar from a place with a good return policy. It's incredible. Sounds fantastic. Honestly? I'd give this guitar a perfect 10 if it came in a different color and had a fretboard with a better design. But that's purely aesthetic. It plays fantastically(even the high notes ring out quite well). It blows my RGA7 out of the water. I give it a 9.5(it's something like the 11th guitar I've owned since starting) you realize the ibanez active pickups are shit right? play a prestige model or put real pickups in your RGA7 then try saying Schecter is a better guitar..my RGD 7 Prestige kills this guitar, try one out.
    Comparing a 1K guitar to a 1.5K guitar. lol
    martinbg
    "Boss GT-10 effects pedal, with a Peavey MAX-110 Bass Amp" Your sound must be HUGE dude! Just hand the guitar over, you clearly dont know what you are doing.