C-7 FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 FR

Purchased from: Music123.com

I like to play heavy metal, that is my main style, but I will also play just about anything that sounds good. This guitar fits my playing perfectly. It gets all the lows, while still getting the highs whether distorted or clean. I use it with my Line 6 Spider III amp. Due to the size of the pickups and them being active they do get some unwanted extra sound when distorted. It has a nice full sound and the variety is awesome. As I said it gets all the lows you'd expect of a 7-string while still keeping the highs intact. The harmonic qualities are very good as well.

As I said, it fits my style perfectly. I haven't been playing very long, only about 1 year and 6 months but both my father (playing for some amount of years) and my guitar instructor Tom Kopyto (playing 16 years) say it's a very nice guitar and plays amazingly. I won about 5 other guitars, and my dad owns about another 5. If I lost this guitar or it got stolen I would defiantly re-buy it, after searching none stop for it for a long time. I love the way this guitar plays, I had only play an Ibanez 7-string before it but the Ibanez was hard to get used to the adjustment from a 6 to a 7 but this guitar was very easy to get used to. I hate that it didn't come with a case, but to look at it in a different way, at least I get to choose the case and I'm not give a peace of crap one. Nothing compares to it, and I wish it had strap locks, more so than a case.

This is a very and I mean very sturdy guitar. This could play hundreds of shows and still just keep going. The strap buttons are very solid, although I am going to replace them with strap locks. I think this guitar could do a show all on it's own without a backup, that is if you're only using one tuning for all your songs. As for the finish, I think it will last, I wear Tripp pants all the time (for those of you Who don't know, they have all the chains and stuff on them) and there are a few little things on the bottom from the guitar rubbing on them but no finish has come off.

I only needed to do a few adjustments (and still need to do a few more) but over all I was playable right from the factory. The action is set nice an low so it's not a beast to play. I didn't have to make any adjustments to the pickups and all of the features where perfect. There wasn't a flaw in the guitar.

I don't know the year when mine was made, my guess would be 2007 and it was made in south Korea. It comes with a maple fingerboard, 24 jumbo frets and a 26.5" scale. The body is made of Ash wood and the neck is made of maple and is also a neck through. The body is a Vampyre Red Satin as is the back of the neck and headstock. The body style reminds me of my Jackson DXMG Dinky or maybe a Fender. A very nice feature of this guitar is that it comes with an original Floyd Rose tremolo and EMG 707's ("The 707 is a dual coil pickup with Alnico Poles similar to the 85, with the same amount of output." from emgpickups.com). It comes with only one volume knob and a 3-way Switch. It has a locking nut and grover tuners (all black hardware). One draw back is that it doesn't come with a case, but it did come with a cable and tools. But over all, very nice guitar.

claywyatt
    prunejuiceman74
    claywyatt wrote: I just purchesed a dimond series, hellraiser c7 fr.... if you dont have one, get one. do whatever it takes you need this guitar.... nuff said
    Winner. And to really bring out the quality of the C-7 hellraiser, play "This Dying Soul" from Dream Theater.
    AngryGoldfish
    Yeah I noticed that the EMG's you mentioned you had equiped on it are not the factory specs for the C-7. I was feeling a bit sorry for you, until you mentioned it was the Jeff Loomis model. It makes sense now.
    Adam Musial
    Beautiful... I'm looking into this model, Hoping to try it this weekend at the stole, they just got it in... i'm stoked!
    claywyatt
    now i just gotta find a amp that will keep up with it. like the fellow who wrote the review said, the lows are intence, and bone crushing. the highs are better than most guitars i have played. so the only problem i have had is trying to find a amp that will sound good when your tuned down to A and throwin out some seriouse mayhem. but yet still be able to keep up when your bending the hell out of the high E string on the 24th fret..... anyone know of such a crature?
    wesselbindt
    I had a heart attack when you said you won 5 other guitars, then I realized it was a typo. Then I had another heart attack(you've been playing for 1,5 year!).
    tristan_deity
    lambofgod0127 wrote: To clarify the one I have is the Jeff Loomis signature model not a regular C-7 FR.
    You dick you cant just say your reviewing the c-7 fr then say "o yeah its not really the c7 is old mate jeff loomis modle". Can some one please do a real review on the C-7 FR!!!
    lambofgod0127
    I tried labeling it as the Jeff Loomis model but it changed it to the regular C-7 FR
    HannibalX
    lambofgod0127 : To clarify the one I have is the Jeff Loomis signature model not a regular C-7 FR.
    the jeff loomis one has a maple fretboard, while this baby has rosewood
    13luckybastard
    no time to do a real review, but i'm playing this baby right now, and wouldn't trade it for anything else, ever. (well, maybe a JP7 MD would make me think... lol). i play a lot of dream theater lately and it fits the bill almost perfectly. why almost? because the bottom cutaway (starts at fret 22) feels kinda smallish and awkward, and i don't have huge hands, either. other than that, the duncan designeds will exceed your expectations. and well,the licensed floyd is ok (being just that, a licensed floyd =D). overall: 8/10. this thing rocks like a mother****er, especially if, like me, this is your first 7.