C-7 FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 FR

Purchased from: Spyro's Modern Music

I have been playing a lot of deathcore lately and wanted to experiment with 7-string guitars. This one was the perfect choice for me and has an incredible playability. So mainly I play various variations of metal (grindcore, deathcore, metalcore, ect.) and a guitar like this is perfect for that style. I am currently using my Ampeg 212 Reverberocket as my amplifier. I recommend tube amps to any guitar player in search of quality tone. The guitar has great tone and has wonderful cleans. When distortion is turned on, that is where this guitar shines. The stock active pickup that are "Duncan Designed" actually don't suck as bad as everyone might imagine. It is a very versatile guitar and I plan to be using it to play classical Spanish guitar as well as for metal.

I have been playing a lot of old After the Burial and this is the kind of guitar suited for any variety of metal to even classical music. It has the versatility. I have been playing for about 6 years now and I used to own two Parker guitars. I really can't compare the Parkers to the Schecter they are each individually special. Although I can say that Parkers aren't for metal and Schecters are. I love everything about this guitar and highly recommend it.

This guitar is meant to be played live. It is a beast and can pretty much handle any situation. The hardware is black chrome and in very good condition and I expect it to last a long while. The strap buttons are secure and solid. I do depend on this guitar seeing as I sold my other two guitars to manage the funds for this one. This is now my main guitar and it has been wonderful, durable, and a blast to play.

The action on the guitar when I first played it at the shop was perfect. I then purchased it, and took it home and have yet to have any problems with the action. The pickups were placed professionally and nothing needed to be corrected there. The neck is perfectly straight and none of the notes toward the highest frets decided to fret out. Also no fret buzz when played. No flaws in the construction of the guitar have yet to become apparent to me.

As far as the features are concerned, this guitar packs quite a few excellent surprises. This is a seven string model guitar with tuning of the strings B,E,A,D,G,B,E. This guitar is manufactured in Indonesia and the quality of the build is great and sturdy. It is a durable guitar that comes with 24 frets with dot inlay. The neck is nice and wide yet slim enough for quick jumps. The neck is surprisingly not too much wider than a 6 string guitar and is easy to become comfortable with. Here are some specs: Body: Mahogany Neck: Maple Fretboard: Rosewood Finish: Gloss White (black binding around the body) Construction: Bolt on neck Pickups: Duncan Designed HB-105s (Active) Controls: Volume, Volume, Tone, Three Way Switch Bridge: LFR Licensed Floyd Rose

13luckybastard
    the "regular" c7 fr has duncan designed pups, whereas the hellraiser c7fr has emg 707s. the hellraiser has an original floyd rose, while the normal c7 fr's is licensed. also, if i remember correctly the hellraiser has a better access bottom cutaway and is a set neck (the c7fr is bolt-on). as for recommending one, it actually depends on how much you want to spend on it. I got my non-hellraiser c-7fr for around 600 and i love it, except the bottom cutaway (see my other comment) and the high-end of the DDs, which is a bit tame. other than that, i've used it as my main live and it gave me no problems and sounds perfectly fine. that said, if you have somewhere around 1000$//whathaveyou to spend on it then of course go for the hellraiser.
    GuitarOverture
    whats the differences between the Schecter C-7 FR and the Schecter hellraiser c-7? and wich would you recomend?
    pratt2012
    My hellraiser is damn sexy and so fun to play! Def. get the hellraiser, more bang for your buck.