C-7 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Hellraiser

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend

This thing is my guitar for Hardcore (Parkway Drive type stuff), or for playing guitar and bass parts together for lighter tune-idge. I'm currently using this with a Peavey Windsor half stack, a Snarling Dogs Mold Spore Wah, and a Krank Krankshaft overdrive pedal, and from giving the tone knob just a little tweak this tank goes from screaming leads to low rumbles like Korn at their worst. I was highly impressed with the tonal variety because wasn't expecting to get the leads that I did out of it. I love playing Satriani tunes on this. The tone, depending on where you happen to roll your knobs, is perfect.

I can use this thing to get any tone for ANY kind of music that I want. I've been playing for almost 9 years now. this is by far the biggest bang for my buck that I have ever gotten in a guitar. If it were stolen, I would probably get this guitar again, unless I became a millionaire over night, so that I can afford one better than this, but for this price (and even a few houndred more) there is nothing better. I'm upset that they started manufacturing it with EMG707tw's because I would love the option of splitting for a single coil sound. But mine was $150 less than they are now, so I'm content.

It's all Mahogany this will take the harshest punishment you can give it, and still pull through (that being said, I still baby mine). If I ws designing this guitar myself I would have picked the exact same hardware. Grover tuners Rock!! I switched to locking straps on the day I got it for personal preference, but I'm sure the stock ones were good. Backup guitars... hell no, not when you have the Hell-raiser. And the finish seems like it will never wear down.

This guitar came to my door set up perfectly. Action just slightly higher than if it had a Floyd Rose, perfectly bookmatched top etc. Not a single flaw. Thats a once in a lifetime experience.

This guitar is a 7-string 24 extra jumbo fret (26. 1/2 scale) Hell-raising machine. The body (Ultra-access cut-away) and set-neck are mahogany, while the fretboard is rosewood. The Abalone binding really catches your attention, and mine came with a quilted maple top, but I don't think they make that anymore (just black and white now). It has a Thru-body TonePros bridge, and grover tuners to top it off. And best of all the EMG707 pickups blast your licks straight on through whatever type of rig you may have.

AXE187
    xophrax
    fatass665 wrote: Floyds are just a bitch to tune because I a have a c-1 hellraiser
    They take 5 minutes TOPS to tune, just loosen the nut, adjust the fine tuners to 0, tune using the grovers, lock the nut, and your in tune.. Then if it ever tweaks outta tune, use the fine tuners, they go just as much up as down, i do this once or twice a month... this guy doesn't know what he's talking about
    XtractionProces
    I've been looking to get a 7 string for a while. This might just be my new best friend. Nice review.
    Viking_Swede666
    kirovtheairship wrote: Ever heard of Korn?? Ever heard of Nevermore or their guitarist solo album
    haha burned +1
    Dark Riff
    hey, im probally gonna buy a 7 string soon. whats the best, out of these schecters? 1. this one(hellraiser c-7), 2. blackjack c-7, 3. or a blackjack c-7 ATX?
    Goblin67
    screw marshell bro id love to play this through a frqamus cobra or dragon better yet bogner uberschall lol damn that sounds beatiful already lol XD
    lolprobot123
    don't have one(....yet) i played it in guitar center. it blew my mind! the best 7 string i'v ever played, and i played the 7 string razorback and the k7. the EMGs are AMAZING. I played it on a line 6 spider 3 75 watt amp, the amp sounded really good(a marshall would've been better though.) PREFECT 7 STRING!
    seth125
    im looking to get this guitar is the neck fast for sweeping and playing stufgf like between theburied and me?
    mrjustinguy
    my friend got the regular c-1 hellraiser, and i absolutely love it. and i started playing 7 strings a couple of weeks ago in a music store. is this the best 7 string to get for the price?
    Viking_Swede666
    J.J.G. wrote: AXE187 wrote: I have a 6 string hell raiser. F'ing love it. My only complaint is that I was too stupid to get the floyd rose edition. join the club :p
    quit hating the Floyd
    darlord
    i just got one for christmas. best guitar ive ever layed my eyes on
    TiDyCaTT900
    I have this guitar pretty sweet..althought I want the c7 blackjack with the Duncan Blackouts instead.
    Shinsen88
    This guitar is ridiculous. Anyone considering a 7 string should check it out.
    padgea7x
    are seven strings like good for metal i may get a seven stringer in a few months.....or a few years lol and would a schecter be the best seven string to get?
    J.J.G.
    join the club :p
    .QOTSA.
    its not my style, but it looks like its got some really nice features. If only schecter was easier to get in England