C-7 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Hellraiser

Purchased from: Samuel Music

I bought this for the band I'm currently in (Skirge, check us out). Some of the songs that the other guitar player writes are on a Baratone guitar. So instead of buying a Baratone guitar with 6 strings (I couldn't find any I liked). I went ahead and got a 7-string, cause of the low B string. I always wanted a 7 string because of morbid angel and other band I lisen too. I play on a Line 6 XL Live pedal board, that goes to a QVC power amp and that runs to a Ibanez 4X12 cab. With that set up and with this guitar, it's a dream rig. You can play a variety of music. I set up all my own noise gates on my pedal board so I have no noise or feed back.

Like I said above. I like this guitar alot. I would buy this guitar again if it was stolen. For my style of music it's great. Check out my UG account (shredtohell). I got 2 songs up and this is the guitar I recorded thoes songs with. You have to check out my bands page I set up on UG to hear the other song. I liked it at first, then I got a little ok with it when I was setting up my channels on my POD Live effect board, but once I played on my rig it was the greatest sound, for a Baritone. My other guitar player got kind of jealous of my new family member (the guitar). He likes it a lot too. To tell you guys/gals the truth, I tried and looked up other Baritones and 7 string guitars but not many companys are making these to much. I didn't want a used one so I went and gave Schecter a chance with my money and I'm very pleased with the end resolt..

I've played a couple shows with it so far and it holds up. I got lock straps cause I like to move around on stage and get into my music (headbang, stomp and jump off anything ect..) So far so good. Very dependable in my eyes. I was not sure about drop tuning it to A, didn't know if it would stay. But I went to tune it up after a week vaction I took and it was still in tune, that's a week of just sitting out on the stand and it was still in tune. That to me is impressive.!

It was set up good. I did no ajustments to it. Action was great! No flaws in the guitar when I bought it. I'm real picky when I buy a guitar. Exspecially when it's 800 bucks. The looks of this guitar, you can play any music with it; Staind to Morbid angel.

Don't know the year or where it was made..It's a Set-Neck w/Ultra Access. Mahogany Body, Black Gloss finish. 3-pc mahogany neck. It has a 26.5" scale. Rosewood fingerboard with 24 X-Jumbo Frets and the nice "gothic cross" inlays. Also with a Abalone binding. The Pickups are the EMG Active 707-tw. Electronics on it are 2 vol (both tap), Tone and a 3 way Switch. A TonePros TOM with Thru-Body for the bridge, Schecter Locking tuners. Black chrome hardware.

Lefty777
    I just bought a Lefty C-7 Hellraiser from eBay. (Since I'm not likely to find a lefty one in Guitar Center), based on reviews I read here and elsewhere. This will be my first 7-string, so I'm pretty psyched.
    CrusaderTrivium
    I got a C-7 Blackjack ATX, serious kit. First Sevenstring, firts schecter. Plays more like a gibson than an ibanez.
    johnn01
    jeff loomis is awesome, he has this one with the gray pearl binding on the side. they sell it on drumcityguitarland.com for $625 for the one loomis has, im ggetting it in a couple days
    kirovtheairship wrote: Ever heard of Korn?? Ever heard of Nevermore or their guitarist solo album
    johnn01
    theyre not hating the floyd they are dissapointed that they dont have the floyd rose
    Viking_Swede666 wrote: J.J.G. wrote: AXE187 wrote: I have a 6 string hell raiser. F'ing love it. My only complaint is that I was too stupid to get the floyd rose edition. join the club :p quit hating the Floyd