C-7 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Hellraiser

Price paid: € 934

Purchased from: www.musiccenter.cz

I play technical death metal - the guitar is great. The tone is very solid when distorted. Compared to my EMG 81-85 6 string guitar, the 707's and the extended scale provide a lot more clarity. The guitar has a great sustain, but that is expected from active pup's and mahogany. I use a Peavey ValveKing head and a Randall RX412 cabinet with no effects - only a noise gate, wah and a Boss EQ with volume jump on solos. Sound of the pup's is really clear, bright. When splitting the coils, the cleans are amazing, tho a Fender single coil Strat is still a little better for cleans. The guitar will suit jazz, blues or funk very well too.

I play death metal - great match. I play the guitar for a whole lot of years now and it's my third guitar. I own an Epiphone SG Custom Prophecy EX and I sold a Squier by Fender Standard Fat Stratocaster HSS. You can easily figure out, that this is by far the best guitar I have/had. If this guitar got stolen I would definitely buy it again. I love the clarity and tightness of the tone when distorted. Also the Ultra comfortable neck (a little thicker then on my Epi or the RG1527). Before buying I played it in AUDIOTEK music store and compared to Ibanez Prestige RG1527 and ESP-LTD Stephen Carpenter sig 7 string. This guitar came out the best - more comfortable, more desirable tone (for me) and super quality of all parts. I only wish it had a neck thru body construction...

I have nothing to say about this. The guitar is solid as a rock. The finish looks awesome. This guitar is one sexy beast. What I love the most are the gothic cross inlays.

I have to be critical with this. When I opened the box, I had to strighten up the neck, lower the action, adjust the pickups. The neck was a little bend out, and the action was too high. But it only took a few minutes, tho I can imagine, that for someone with no experience with this, it could be a problem. I had to adjust the pickups too, cause they were almost touching the strings. Also a minor thing... But it's sad when you pay almost 1000 euro for a guitar. After setting it up (it took about 1 hour), it feels perfect in my hands. No flaws at all.

South Korea made, 24XJ frets, extended scale, mahogany fretboard, mahogany body , gloss white finish, superstrat style, string thru body bridge, 2x volume push pull (coil split), 1x tone, 5way selector switch, 2x EMG 707 active pickups, grover tuners. This guitar has a lot of awesome features and specs for the price. I find everything top quality. All pots and the Switch are noiseless, absolutely fine.

7stringmusic
    After reading these reviews i have realised that i must have gotten a dud coz my action was absolutely terrible when i first bought it. i paid $200 to have it plecked and setup by sydney guitar setups. After 6 months all the hardware including the grover tuners began to stain and look almost rusted in appearance. And when playing gigs it is the only guitar that i have that feeds back intensley no matter which path i put my signal through. i have tried many adjustments to no avail. Overall this is an awesome looking guitar and great for recording but not so good for gigs for me.
    prototypep666
    do they really not stock the black cherry anymore? its still on their wesite as an available finish and it would be the only finish i'd want. i don't like the flat black or white finishes
    maximumrocker
    prototypep666 wrote: do they really not stock the black cherry anymore? its still on their website as an available finish and it would be the only finish i'd want. i don't like the flat black or white finishes
    they do, i got mine in December. Guitar Center had to special order it from schecters warehouse. i got a Black Cherry one its so sexy on this guitar tho, its great. Intonation is spot on, i love the bigger frets because i can fit my fingers in the higher ones, pick-ups are great.